Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Does this sound bad? (kinda long)

Old 05-04-2005, 01:12 PM
GotJDM?
No longer a Honda Driver.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does this sound bad? (kinda long)

My mom's father, my grandfather, has been in and out of the hospital in the past 2 months, and about wednesday last week, we got rushed back in. He is not doing very well, and has all types of things wrong, and things are not looking good at all. So i try and see him every day or so, he still remembers me, but says the crazyest shit ever. I never want to get old.

Anyways I lost my dads father in December and i was not really that close. And i feel as thoe i was selfish with the whole situation in that i really didn't care about it all. and i feel like ass because of it.

So being a lot closer i want to do everything i can do to help ease this whole situation. I've been helping my grandmother and my parents in whatever they need and asi stated visting the hospital.

But i have been missing some class because of it. I let all my teachers know that if my attendence was not good in the upcoming and last weeks that it was because of my grandfather.

Now all my teachers except one seems to be understanding. I told her in person and she just acted like it was nothing. so i emailed her and told her i would not be in class and asking what i would be missing ( second class in 3 classes i have missed)

she wrote: Yes, we will be cover chap.7. Complete the exercises and the graph it exercise. Please see me when your family emergency is
resolved.

What the hell does that mean? When it is resolved? Its not going to be resolved, this is a serious situation.

maybe im taking this in weird way, but doesn't that seem a werid way to put things or in a bitchy way?
Old 05-04-2005, 01:14 PM
Singhg83
BALLIN'

damn dude, that teacher sounds pretty harsh. have you tried having your parents talk to the teacher? that might help.
Old 05-04-2005, 01:21 PM
redgoober4life
I eat plastic.

lol I wouldn't take it like like you are. She probably has a lot of students, and she wrote it quickly...
Old 05-04-2005, 01:50 PM
shitbrick

every problem is resolved good or bad
Old 05-04-2005, 02:11 PM
GotJDM?
No longer a Honda Driver.

IM IN COLLEGE. mommy n daddy aren't gonna call the teacher. i tell her to fuck off if she is reaally being a bitch to me after the semester.
Old 05-04-2005, 02:16 PM
shitbrick

Originally Posted by GotJDM?
IM IN COLLEGE. mommy n daddy aren't gonna call the teacher. i tell her to fuck off if she is reaally being a bitch to me after the semester.
i once called my teacher a stupid bitch in high school and other names pretty much the whole year, then she had a nervous break down and i felt like a dick for awhile
Old 05-04-2005, 02:18 PM
chimchim
WRX cuz Honda won't wagon

You can't do much if the professor doesn't give a crap. Unfortuantely, you may have to drop the class if you need the time and she won't give you a break. It's life, which isn't fair. This is a taste of what is to come in the real world.

This is were you make life decisions as an adult.

If you feel it's more important to help the family and spent time with your grandfather (which it is), then the class just may have to go.

I lost my grandma last year. IMHO, go spend time with your grandfather. You can retake the class another time. Sure, it'll be inconvenient or even very difficult. But getting more time with your grandfather is IMPOSSIBLE if you miss it now.
Old 05-04-2005, 03:48 PM
BonzoAPD

If you think she is being a bitch, go to the head of the department