Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Prelude/GSR ups and downs

Old 05-02-2005, 11:14 AM
faktoryfreeek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prelude/GSR ups and downs

I just wanted to conduct a "survey" to get everyone's opinion on a popular subject: the H22A4 vs. the B18C1. What are each motor's strengths and weaknesses? Where do you think each motor is at its best point, and which gears are faster in the two? (for example, the prelude's third gear is quicker than the gsr's). And yes, I'm aware that this is an integra forum, but which engine do you HONESTLY think was paired better with its respective vehicle? (This oughta be good )
Old 05-02-2005, 11:15 AM
faktoryfreeek

I almost forgot- I'm talking about two usdm motors- no jdm. What's the difference with the h22a,a7,a4 anyway?
Old 05-02-2005, 03:48 PM
a2k

h22 has (relativly) more torque, becuase there is no replacement for displacement, the GSR revsa for ever, and since torque*revs=HP, can still build decent power...h22 is heavy..for an integra, b18c doesnt have the torque to drag ariound a prelude
Old 05-02-2005, 05:00 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Moved to the Basement.
Have fun bench racing.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!