Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Star Wars: Clone Wars Vol. 1 <<cartoon network>>

Old 04-26-2005, 07:27 PM
asiandoood
sancho on the sizzide!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Star Wars: Clone Wars Vol. 1 <<cartoon network>>

[possible spoilers...do not read if you do not want to know any spoilers for the next movie]

Hello my fellow Star Wars nerds. I guess I'll start off by saying I'm not really a huge fan of the Star Wars Expanded Universe (elements and storylines not affiliated with the theatrical movies). HOWEVER, this series has changed my mind. Well executed and well thought out with great animation and visuals and a GOOD STORYLINE. Something I thought was missing in previous incarnations such as the Shadows of the Empire and the story after Return of the Jedi.

Clone Wars takes place right after Episode 2: Attack of the Clones left off...and ends where Episode 3 begins. They cover huge grounds such as the many clone war battles on different planets of the Star Wars universe. They add to the fumes of Annakin's rage as he slowly succumbs to the dark side of the force. They also cover ground on many of the Jedi's we see in Episode 2 that we never knew much about. Kit Fiesto, Luminara Undali and Orphee, Shaak Ti and Ki Adi Mundi. We also find out the mysterious crystals that fuel the Jedi Lightsabers's origin that was covered in the many Cross Section/Visual Dictionary books. Count Dooku also plays a huge role in this expanded universe.

I highly recommend this series. As I've only watched Vol. 1 on the DVD set, Im anticpating Vol. 2. I believe Vol. 2 is in the works or is already airing on the Cartoon Network. Star Wars Expanded Universe has failed many times, but I think they've finally got it right this time around. Hopefully Episode 3 will follow up great as well and finish off the saga with a bang. Go out and rent/buy the DVD...and may the force be with you!