Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Tiesto fans

Old 04-25-2005, 09:35 PM
Duff Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tiesto fans

whats playing on your comp or stereo right now?

I'm listening to Tiësto Magik 6 Live in Holland at the moment. BTW, I've been listening to Tiesto since the late 90's when not alot of US trance fanatics heard of him. Now all of a sudden it seems he's the most popular dj in the world? I'm skurred he's getting played out and feel the urge to seek out other DJ's ....it's the gd Olympics 04 too. However, I must recomend Tiesto - "Parade of the Athletes, Athens 2k4' ". It's not his typical style and it's certainly not as good as his Magik tours, but it grows on you and it has moments that are quite powerful if your an olympics fan and remember (BTW, he was the DJ for the 2k4 olympics if you weren't aware).

Anyways, I know there's a few OG tiesto fans out there. Just wondering your thoughts...

*cough Bumnah....cough*
Old 04-25-2005, 09:47 PM
rb6teg

check out radio one right now. The latest essential mix is from Tiesto @ Disneyland Paris, believe it or not.

Personally I'm not a fan of the guy. He's an egotistical prick that values nothing but himself. And his music is cheesy to me. But that's my opinion. I'm more of a tech-house and progressive house guy. DJ's like James Zabiela, John Digweed, Steve Lawler do it for me.

I can't deny that he's done a lot of good by opening up electronic dance music to new people.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:48 PM
rb6teg

here's a link to the Tiesto mix....it will only be up until friday or saturday when the next guest on the show replaces him.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/dance/essentialmix/

Oh and what I'm listening to now? Kristian Littman's April 05 mix on Frisky Radio.
www.friskyradio.com

other good stations:
www.protonradio.com
www.eccentricbeats.com

Those are the best of the best. Only the biggest DJs all the time ....very cutting edge stuff.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:50 PM
dE.fUsEd
I still like honda's. :-/

definately not that. :uhhok:
Old 04-26-2005, 12:13 AM
LT
The deer had to die!

last tiesto song that played today was his Winter Compilation Mix 2001
Old 04-26-2005, 01:41 AM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

magik 6 was always one of my favorites, I also always liked ISOS 1 and 2... I'm not much of a fan of his more recent stuff, but the old stuff is the bomb diggity.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:26 AM
LT
The deer had to die!

Originally Posted by white_n_slow
magik 6 was always one of my favorites, I also always liked ISOS 1 and 2... I'm not much of a fan of his more recent stuff, but the old stuff is the bomb diggity.
every DJ goes through this in my opinion. but then they go back to their beginnings.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:08 AM
Bumnah
So OG it hurts.

tiesto's sound boring to me now.

i do listen to magik1 and 3, and 5 pretty often.

his 09.10.01 essential mix was one of his best.

pick up some james zabiela (sp?) sasha and digweed are pretty much bringing him up.

i dunno.

i've been listening to the cure, and my old seba producer 06 cd :dunno:
-----
Old 04-26-2005, 11:17 AM
Schwa
Schiggity

Agreed. Tiesto is hype! All he does is throw in his own singles in every set...I agree with the old ISOS and the Magik stuff though. ISOS 4 is coming out later this year so we'll see how that goes.

I just saw Ferry Corsten two days ago in Edmonton. Now that was amazing.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:30 AM
Epoch
CHRISTMASTIME IN IRAQ

Tiesto does some good stuff... I like him better than Oakenfold. In the end, trance isn't my thing, and I would die a happy man if I never saw another goddamned glowstick in my life...

That being said, I was just rocking out to some Technical Itch and Evol Intent before going to work, and I finally got my hands on a copy of Concord Dawn's "Raining Blood". :rockon: