Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

I hate deer!

Old 03-31-2005, 12:10 PM
frontplayer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I hate deer!

Long story short, was driving to Denver on saturday morning. Just minding my own business all of a sudden I see this deer laying on the road, I would have moved over but there had to be a big'o semi to the right off me, so i slam on the brakes and get over as fast as i could, well...i still hit the stupid thing...so now my bumber is off wack, my left fog light doesnt work, and my fender well cover was ripped off. It sucks, but the car still drives fine, so thats good.hehe well just thought i'd share it with u guys, drive with your brights on when your in the middle of nowhere! Anyone else have a similar experience?
Old 03-31-2005, 12:12 PM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

i hate mf'ing deer. i drive at night constantly looking for them.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:14 PM
Tark

Originally Posted by frontplayer
Long story short, was driving to Denver on saturday morning. Just minding my own business all of a sudden I see this deer laying on the road, I would have moved over but there had to be a big'o semi to the right off me, so i slam on the brakes and get over as fast as i could, well...i still hit the stupid thing...so now my bumber is off wack, my left fog light doesnt work, and my fender well cover was ripped off. It sucks, but the car still drives fine, so thats good.hehe well just thought i'd share it with u guys, drive with your brights on when your in the middle of nowhere! Anyone else have a similar experience?
I totaled 1 car hitting a deer at around 120km/h. I also got hit on the side by a deer...The good thing is that deers are government property so the insurance does not go up.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:16 PM
Tark

Originally Posted by e3NiNe
i hate mf'ing deer. i drive at night constantly looking for them.
Me too... and i drive on small unlight roads that have green reflector on each side so from far i looks like deer eyes I hate that shit!
Old 03-31-2005, 12:17 PM
clickwir
Floppy Death! noES!!!

You were probably going too fast. Should slow down in that situation.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:19 PM
frontplayer

Originally Posted by Tark
I totaled 1 car hitting a deer at around 120km/h. I also got hit on the side by a deer...The good thing is that deers are government property so the insurance does not go up.
wow...thats good I was wondering if my insurance woulnd go up or not. Ya, i ended up going about 65-70mph when i hit it, those things come up so fast. The speed limit was 70mph, just for those of you who are wondering. Too bad I have a $1000 deductible though.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:27 PM
Tark

Originally Posted by frontplayer
wow...thats good I was wondering if my insurance woulnd go up or not. Ya, i ended up going about 65-70mph when i hit it, those things come up so fast. The speed limit was 70mph, just for those of you who are wondering. Too bad I have a $1000 deductable though.
I dont know about the laws where you live though... I didnt even have to pay a deductible.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:30 PM
Brad
wooo nascar!

i had a deer literally run into the side of my car while i was doing 60mph. i didnt even see the damn thing till after it slammed into my fender.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_1579.JPG (73.1 KB, 235 views)
Old 03-31-2005, 12:38 PM
frontplayer

Originally Posted by RiceBurninVTEC
i had a deer literally run into the side of my car while i was doing 60mph. i didnt even see the damn thing till after it slammed into my fender.

ouch... ya mine is gona take a lil work but that probably scared the hell out of you huh. I dont mind too much about my bumper and all of that, im just glad my suspension is ok. I could go take a picture but i'm too lazy.hehe
Old 03-31-2005, 01:26 PM
GotJDM?
No longer a Honda Driver.

join the club:
i was going 30 mph and slowing down when i saw some ahead, ****er nailed my fender and did a 360 all the way down my door and shit. couldn't open it.

i got a silly buff job outta the deal thoe.