Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

DC v. Marvel

Old 03-28-2005, 04:22 AM
NeverBX
Snootchie Bootchies!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by White[Pony]
For sheer power in the characters, DC would win hands down. In the marvel universe Kryptonite doesn't exist, so even if Marvel took every other DC character down, Superman could wipe the floor with the rest of them. And before you even say it with the mind controller powers people in Marvel. DC has a built in guard against it with Plastic Man. He has no centralized mind and is not affected by mind control or anything like that. so Xavier and all those guys are screwed.

But in the sense of comics and content, Marvel wins I'd say. DC has been known to have real thought provoking issues, but Marvel has those all over the place and great storylines.

[/nerdular nerdance]
exactly. I hate when people try to match up batman and superman and always bring kryptonite into the fight. kryptonite would only affect superman if it was close to him, all he would have to do is burn batmans limbs off with his heat vision.
Old 03-28-2005, 09:22 AM
JGordon

GoogleFight says:

Marvel Comics 2,190,000 results
DC Comics 2,730,000 results

I'd personally say it's a draw. I love Batman and Superman, but I also love X-Men and Spiderman.
Old 03-28-2005, 09:32 AM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

When I was a kid they had lots of cool storylines with Superman, Batman, and X-Men. Superman "died" but then came back as like the four different guys, and that whole thing was pretty cool. Batman got his back broke by Bane and that Azrael guy had to be Batman for a while. X-Men had both that thing with the Phalanx, then a couple years after that they had the alternate universe where everyone had different costumes and totally different positions in society. Like Cyclops was the head of security for the bad guys and whatnot. I forget what that one was called. Haven't paid attention for about 10 years though.
Old 03-28-2005, 09:32 AM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OG Image

:happysad:
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 03-28-2005, 03:46 PM
RB26DETT
Eagles > NFL

venom > all characters.
Old 03-28-2005, 04:17 PM
reno96teg

marvel the company is a piece of shit. marvel the characters were > *, but when i see the comics on the shelves lately, the art looks kind of :happysad:.
Old 03-28-2005, 04:51 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree both companies have had major comic characters and I would say that it is a tie.
However, basing on artist & writer talents, I think Marvel has the edge. They have had everyone from Jim Lee, Todd McFarlane, Rob Liefeld, arguably the most prominant artists in silver age history...even golden age, Jack Kirby. I was really into comics around the fruitation of Image Comics, but haven't really kept in touch with it in nearly 10years. I just went to buy a few issues of Superman drawn by Jim Lee not too long ago though.
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 03-28-2005, 04:58 PM
reno96teg

i was reading marvel before a bunch of the big names left and started image, and i continued to read (both marvel and image) during and after that happened. at first image was a cool concept, and you had people like todd mcfarlane saying that they were only about the story, the comics, and the characters. it wasn't about making $, and it wasn't about all the gimmicks. basically, they were trying to do what made them get into comics in the first place, and wanted to leave behind what they starting to heavily dislike about marvel.

once that became an apparent lie, i stopped reading them all. enter a comic shop, and all you see is mcfarlane's gimmicks and money making re-re-re-releases of figurines and other such nonsense..

Last edited by Reno Fett; 03-28-2005 at 05:01 PM.
Old 03-28-2005, 05:38 PM
asiandoood
sancho on the sizzide!

Originally Posted by Max Windu
I agree both companies have had major comic characters and I would say that it is a tie.
However, basing on artist & writer talents, I think Marvel has the edge. They have had everyone from Jim Lee, Todd McFarlane, Rob Liefeld, arguably the most prominant artists in silver age history...even golden age, Jack Kirby. I was really into comics around the fruitation of Image Comics, but haven't really kept in touch with it in nearly 10years. I just went to buy a few issues of Superman drawn by Jim Lee not too long ago though.

I agree. I havent been in touch since Image started to take off.

Originally Posted by Reno Fett
i was reading marvel before a bunch of the big names left and started image, and i continued to read (both marvel and image) during and after that happened. at first image was a cool concept, and you had people like todd mcfarlane saying that they were only about the story, the comics, and the characters. it wasn't about making $, and it wasn't about all the gimmicks. basically, they were trying to do what made them get into comics in the first place, and wanted to leave behind what they starting to heavily dislike about marvel.

once that became an apparent lie, i stopped reading them all. enter a comic shop, and all you see is mcfarlane's gimmicks and money making re-re-re-releases of figurines and other such nonsense..

I saw that coming also. I hated when they started something good and leaving it behind for another project. Its like half assing all their books. Jim Lee, Marc Silvestri, Todd McFarlane and especially Wilce Protacio. They all had great stories and great art. When it started getting really good, they leave for another...and we get left with crap art and stagnant storylines.
Old 03-28-2005, 11:21 PM
jlammy
w00t

Originally Posted by darth asiandoood
I agree. I havent been in touch since Image started to take off.

I saw that coming also. I hated when they started something good and leaving it behind for another project. Its like half assing all their books. Jim Lee, Marc Silvestri, Todd McFarlane and especially Wilce Protacio. They all had great stories and great art. When it started getting really good, they leave for another...and we get left with crap art and stagnant storylines.

I too believe in those artists.....until it all went to shit.

Team B.O.B.™ - Ballaz on a Budget

R.I.P Huan Vo 11-19-2008