Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

i have no life

Old 03-19-2005, 04:58 AM
skabone69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ISP James
:rant:

all of my friends got smart and moved away during or after college.

i stayed. dont ask me why.

i have no social life, not that there is much of a social life to be had around here... were it not for my girlfriend, id be a hermit. :happysad:

id have a better chance of having friends and a social life if i packed up my shit tomorrow and left central new york altogether.

[/whine]

anybody else hate their social situation?
My social situation really blows now, but I'm going to change that.

solution:
I'm getting the f out of New England and I'm heading out west. I'm going to say f it and move out to arizona around october. I don't know anyone out there but I don't care, I'll meet up with import enthusist out there and I'm sure I'll be fine. I actually do know a buddy that is going to UTI right now so I'm going out on a visit to check things out, then I'm making the decision.
my idea of heaven right now is living in Arizona in a cheap condo(anything is cheaper than Mass housing cost) with a garage. inside that garage will be my weekend fun car(not yet determined, but most likely a 300ZX TT) and outside will be my daily driver accord. that is all I will need to be happy. Why the f not, I've got 0 debt, no school loans, no credit card loans, and no car payments. I don't have a girlfriend so no emotional crap, I'm so out of New England before next winter. I'm so sick of my current situation, so I'm going to change it myself.
Old 03-19-2005, 05:49 AM
k3ifers
k three ifers

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

i hear the central new york part.. im kinda short on friends to chill with, kinda sucks
Old 03-19-2005, 06:01 AM
BonzoAPD

I hear ya James. 90% of my free time is spent with my gf and not my friends. My problem is that most of my friends are older than me and are married and now having kids. Once they got married I got to see them only when their wives had plans with their friends. Now that they have kids, that went down to almost never :sad:
Old 03-19-2005, 06:03 AM
BonzoAPD

Originally Posted by skabone69
My social situation really blows now, but I'm going to change that.

solution:
I'm getting the f out of New England and I'm heading out west. I'm going to say f it and move out to arizona around october. I don't know anyone out there but I don't care, I'll meet up with import enthusist out there and I'm sure I'll be fine. I actually do know a buddy that is going to UTI right now so I'm going out on a visit to check things out, then I'm making the decision.
my idea of heaven right now is living in Arizona in a cheap condo(anything is cheaper than Mass housing cost) with a garage. inside that garage will be my weekend fun car(not yet determined, but most likely a 300ZX TT) and outside will be my daily driver accord. that is all I will need to be happy. Why the f not, I've got 0 debt, no school loans, no credit card loans, and no car payments. I don't have a girlfriend so no emotional crap, I'm so out of New England before next winter. I'm so sick of my current situation, so I'm going to change it myself.
You're living my dream man :sad:

I highly suggest you go out there in the middle of summer. It is NOT for everyone. It is freaken hot and the sun pounds everything. I went there during the hottest part of July and August the first time I was there and feel inlove with it. I knew if I could stand 115 degree heat and love the place it was for me. Anyone can love it in the winter when it is warm and new england is cold. The test is the summer.
Old 03-19-2005, 06:47 AM
LT
The deer had to die!

if it were not for my ability to drink...i would have absolutely no social life.
Old 03-19-2005, 06:49 AM
Black2KGSR

All my friends are still here.
Old 03-19-2005, 06:56 AM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

don't rely on your gf, Jimbo.... what if she dumped you tomorrow, then you'd really be screwed. I'd tell the babe to pack up her bags cuz your goin goin to cali cali.[/biggie]
Old 03-19-2005, 08:03 AM
redgoober4life
I eat plastic.

So, I don't see how the location affects this. I mean, sure it's NY and we have some lovely winters, but if you have no social life here what's going to change other than location?
Old 03-19-2005, 08:06 AM
davidn71
95 Civic w/ b16 swap

Originally Posted by ISP James
it would do me zero good to be single, i dont have any friends to cruise chicks with h:
That's why you have to give up this moderator crap, get a real job, and meet some people... Playing moderator from your home PC just aint gonna do it.
Old 03-19-2005, 08:13 AM
LT
The deer had to die!

Originally Posted by davidn71
That's why you have to give up this moderator crap, get a real job, and meet some people... Playing moderator from your home PC just aint gonna do it.
he's not a moderator....