Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Tailed by a cop (but no pull over) stories

Old 03-18-2005, 11:44 AM
chimchim
WRX cuz Honda won't wagon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tailed by a cop (but no pull over) stories

On the freeway at around 65-70 mph(I'm NOT going faster than anyone else), and I know a cop (CHP) is riding my blind spot. I have OEM everything externally, even my Si rims are OEM. I even have the OEM muffler with OEM tip. Even my rear sway is Si OEM. I don't know why he's riding me. Can he see the red AGXs?

I have tinted windows (legal too). Big deal. I have no A piller gauges and I wasn't driving agressively. I have nothing distinguishing externally except a plain brushed aluminum license plate frame that says "Civic". Whoopdeedoo. I'm riding just a 0.75" drop which is imperceptable to everyone but Civic enthusiasts and my camber is within spec. No lips, no kits. Got an OEM spoiler, hoo hoo. Reg sticker up to date.

So he sits there for a good mile and then moves on. But I still have no idea why he even paused on me.

Your stories?
Old 03-18-2005, 11:46 AM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I generally just get pulled over.... although I very rarely get a ticket. Been pulled for darn near everything.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:47 AM
sherwood
I missed Sean

they ride my ass so close that i have to speed up with no holes on the right for a 1/4 mile, then they pull me over... pulled over once, a second time i found a hole and entered, slowing down in the process andletting him pass me ontot the next person, they trapped them...

staties are jerks sometimes
Old 03-18-2005, 11:49 AM
aux
More Black on Black Crime

i dont get harassed cause my cars so sick.
DakarM

happens all the time in my stock car. no big deal.
LCD Squad #0001
Originally Posted by WiLL
...I really wanna get out and shoot people.
Pete
Civilian

He was probably just running your plates to make sure it wasn't stolen. Maybe they got a report of a stolen civic?
Old 03-18-2005, 11:51 AM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Originally Posted by chimchim
On the freeway at around 65-70 mph(I'm NOT going faster than anyone else), and I know a cop (CHP) is riding my blind spot. I have OEM everything externally, even my Si rims are OEM. I even have the OEM muffler with OEM tip. Even my rear sway is Si OEM. I don't know why he's riding me. Can he see the red AGXs?

I have tinted windows (legal too). Big deal. I have no A piller gauges and I wasn't driving agressively. I have nothing distinguishing externally except a plain brushed aluminum license plate frame that says "Civic". Whoopdeedoo. I'm riding just a 0.75" drop which is imperceptable to everyone but Civic enthusiasts and my camber is within spec. No lips, no kits. Got an OEM spoiler, hoo hoo. Reg sticker up to date.

So he sits there for a good mile and then moves on. But I still have no idea why he even paused on me.

Your stories?
You drive a Honda and thats just how it works....in fact you can insert any popular car for the street racing crowd into that comment.
Old 03-18-2005, 12:06 PM
chimchim
WRX cuz Honda won't wagon

Originally Posted by Pete
He was probably just running your plates to make sure it wasn't stolen. Maybe they got a report of a stolen civic?
Hahaha. Isn't a Civic stolen like every 2 seconds?
Old 03-18-2005, 12:10 PM
Pete
Civilian

Originally Posted by chimchim
Hahaha. Isn't a Civic stolen like every 2 seconds?
I'm not sure, but there's plenty of reasons he could have been following you. If you didn't do anything wrong than you have nothing to worry about. True, I could see how it can be annoying having a cop follow you, but maybe they were looking for a suspect in a civic that looked like yours? Who knows. At least he didn't pull you over and give you shit.
Old 03-18-2005, 12:30 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

I used to get tailed all the time in my stock looking red '92 GSR. Moreso when I was in Maryland than in Wisconsin.

Can't say the Miata ever really attracts much attention from the fuzz.