Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Firefox 1.01

Old 02-26-2005, 11:05 PM
MtViewGuy88
Hopeful FIT owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default And for those who stay with IE....

MySoft Technology just released an update to their Maxthon shell program for IE--Version 1.2.

I like Maxthon because the built-in AD Hunter function does a great job in blocking pop-up's, Flash animation, animated ads, etc.
Old 02-27-2005, 11:51 AM
clickwir
Floppy Death! noES!!!

Originally Posted by mxl36o
IE loads webpages on average twice as fast..during my testing
Do more testing

Firefox can be tweaked based on your system and connection. It gets a lot faster once it tweaked.

On average, pages take 1-2 seconds to load for me.
Old 02-27-2005, 03:59 PM
mayonaise

Originally Posted by mxl36o
IE loads webpages on average twice as fast..during my testing
you're testing is probably messed up. neither browser will typically load stuff noticably faster than the other. if you do the speed tweaks mentioned above for firefox, it *might* be faster. but if you're really looking for the "fastest" browser on earth, because you can't wait an extra three tenths of a second for the page to load, try opera.

unbiased and controlled browser-speed tests:
http://www.howtocreate.co.uk/browserSpeed.html
in windows, firefox is slower than IE6 in starting up, rendering CSS (probably because IE's CSS is incomplete and completely ****ed up), displaying history and rendering tables (by 0.15 seconds). it's faster in loading scripts and images, which is probably more important to most people, but the difference is within tenths of a second, so who really cares? edit: actually IE takes more than twice as long to load and read scripts
Old 02-27-2005, 06:05 PM
Black2KGSR

is anybody else having trouble with the "Manage Attachments" button with Firefox 1.01? It won't pop up a window for me.
Old 02-27-2005, 07:05 PM
Misa
Pic Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ remove extensions
uninstall
reinstall
re-apply extensions one by one

worked for me
Old 02-27-2005, 09:20 PM
mayonaise

Originally Posted by Darth2000GSR
is anybody else having trouble with the "Manage Attachments" button with Firefox 1.01? It won't pop up a window for me.
it might be blocking the popup window. If it is, it'll either pull down a yellow-ish bar at the top of the window, or you'll see a little icon that looks like a window with an X in it at the bottom-right. The popup blocker in action. If you see that icon, click on it and you can set options, view the popup that was just blocked, etc. You've gotta select "Allow popups for..." for sites that you don't mind having popups from - like HAN.
Old 02-27-2005, 09:28 PM
Black2KGSR

Originally Posted by mayonaise
it might be blocking the popup window. If it is, it'll either pull down a yellow-ish bar at the top of the window, or you'll see a little icon that looks like a window with an X in it at the bottom-right. The popup blocker in action. If you see that icon, click on it and you can set options, view the popup that was just blocked, etc. You've gotta select "Allow popups for..." for sites that you don't mind having popups from - like HAN.
nope...first thing I checked.

Originally Posted by janiVI
^^ remove extensions
uninstall
reinstall
re-apply extensions one by one

worked for me
yep. It was probably Adblock, but it won't let me reinstall it because it's "not compatible with 1.01". :dunno: Oh well, I've done fine without it till now.
Old 02-27-2005, 09:31 PM
Misa
Pic Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

:thinking: im running adblock on 1.0.1

just choose 1.0 on the list and it download it anyway