Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Weight Gain Pills...

Old 02-18-2005, 09:20 AM
00CivicSleeper
Just Beginning...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weight Gain Pills...

Hey,

im trying to gain some weight and muscle. im having trouble, do you guys know of any good weight/muscle gain pills? i dont want steroids, i dont want something thats going to hurt my body. just asking if you guys have any experience or know of a good brand. thanks
Old 02-18-2005, 09:23 AM
swaggs21

There are a lot of good brands, but if I were you I would stick with a shake of some sort.

You can see pretty much every product made for this on bodybuilding.com in the superstore. Fast shipping too.
Old 02-18-2005, 09:29 AM
antarius
Large Member

Tons of Protein, a little bit of fat, and a good workout routine is all you need.

Oh, and some Creatine.
Old 02-18-2005, 09:31 AM
swaggs21

Originally Posted by antarius
Tons of Protein, a little bit of fat, and a good workout routine is all you need.

Oh, and some Creatine.

Agreed, but creatine won't help much in this stage, but protein and calories are the big keys, and working out of course.
Old 02-18-2005, 09:33 AM
antarius
Large Member

Originally Posted by swaggs21
Agreed, but creatine won't help much in this stage, but protein and calories are the big keys, and working out of course.
The Creatine will help him get a few more reps out of each lift, which in theory (if he's doing everything else) will help him gain strength/muscle faster than if he didn't take it.
Old 02-18-2005, 09:34 AM
clickwir
Floppy Death! noES!!!

McDonalds + Netflix = weight gain
Old 02-18-2005, 09:35 AM
JGordon

Taking vitamin b-12 or b-complex can help increase your appetite, at least for some people. It's sold over the counter in most pharmacies/GNC-type places. But it makes your urine like neon yellow, so don't get skurred if that happens.
Old 02-18-2005, 09:36 AM
Misa
Pic Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by click sidious
McDonalds + Netflix = weight gain
he wants weight gain, not a heart attack
Old 02-18-2005, 09:40 AM
swaggs21

Originally Posted by antarius
The Creatine will help him get a few more reps out of each lift, which in theory (if he's doing everything else) will help him gain strength/muscle faster than if he didn't take it.
If his body reacts to creatine in that way, some people have no gain in energy at all from it, some have a lot.

And if he is trying to gain straight muscle, he shouldnt be doing a lot of reps at first, he should be doing a couple of sets of high weight (whatever he can handle) and then doing negatives with more weight than he can possibly push up for a set with someone helping him. That will tear the muscles more than usual, plus it will work the slow twitch fibers, thus making them bigger and gaining more muscle

just my 0.02
Old 02-18-2005, 09:42 AM
antarius
Large Member

Originally Posted by swaggs21
If his body reacts to creatine in that way, some people have no gain in energy at all from it, some have a lot.

And if he is trying to gain straight muscle, he shouldnt be doing a lot of reps at first, he should be doing a couple of sets of high weight (whatever he can handle) and then doing negatives with more weight than he can possibly push up for a set with someone helping him. That will tear the muscles more than usual, plus it will work the slow twitch fibers, thus making them bigger and gaining more muscle

just my 0.02
Yup, and Creatine will help all of that.

But like you said, only if his body reacts to it.

Mine sure as hell does. =]