Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Help! I need a new mechanic!

Old 02-08-2005, 10:39 AM
theresa57

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! I need a new mechanic!

HELP!! My Honda/Acura mechanic is being investigated for insurance fraud. It's a long sad story, I'm afraid. I trusted him to repair my car, my husbands car and referred him to many friends and I'm dissed just like that!

I need a new independent Honda/Acura mechanic located in the West San Fernando Valley area of Los Angeles and soon! my husbands civic sounds like it needs tranny help ASAP, and I need an oil change as well as some other work done.

Please help me guys and gals! Thanks so much!
Old 02-08-2005, 10:42 AM
RB
snitches get stitches

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

meh, insurance fraud doensn't necessarily mean he did bad work, and just because he's being investigated doesn't mean he did anything wrong.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:46 AM
clickwir
Floppy Death! noES!!!

SFV
one hundred three
all the little cuties want to get with me
Old 02-08-2005, 10:47 AM
theresa57

Default Thanks for the heads up!

He did do something wrong. He took the money paid to him by my insurance company earmarked to pay for work done on my car at his business and another body shop, and instead of using the money for that he used it to pay the business bills for his shop that had nothing to do with me. When I asked him about it, he never apologized or gave me a decent explanation. So I'm out that money - twenty two hundred dollars -out of pocket. So he did do something wrong. but thanks for the heads up.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:56 AM
clickwir
Floppy Death! noES!!!

he didn't fix it?
Old 02-08-2005, 11:09 AM
Jessica
ch1x0r

Originally Posted by theresa57
He did do something wrong. He took the money paid to him by my insurance company earmarked to pay for work done on my car at his business and another body shop, and instead of using the money for that he used it to pay the business bills for his shop that had nothing to do with me. When I asked him about it, he never apologized or gave me a decent explanation. So I'm out that money - twenty two hundred dollars -out of pocket. So he did do something wrong. but thanks for the heads up.
sue him. and you can go to a normal mechanic.
Old 02-08-2005, 11:22 AM
Tobra

If you sue him, you will have to stand in line to get your money. Lots of mechanics are dishonest, why should they be any different from the average Joe