Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

First real "bad" encounter with a neighbor...

Old 02-03-2005, 11:27 PM
RB
snitches get stitches

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default First real "bad" encounter with a neighbor...

Ok, so tonight I'm taking the gf home at around 11:30 pm. I pull out of the garage and run it through 1st gear to about 3k rpms, and then smoothly into second. All of a sudden, this lady comes ruuuuunning from the side of the house on the driveway and waves me down...Now, she's waved me down once before and told me to "watch my speed". Frankly I wasn't speeding, and I would tell you if I was, but I oblidged and told her I understand the speed limits but I will be careful none the less.

Well tonight, the same lady stopped me. As this is happening, my roommate is calling me so I answered the phone. Well, I come to a stop and I've got the phone to my ear. I'm fumbling with the radio so i finally mute it, then have to find the window switch to lower the passanger window. By the time this happens, she's furious and is yelling at me "YOU NEED TO STOP SPEEDING IN THIS ALLEY! THIS IS A 5 MPH ZONE!"....so I'm fed up with her and I yell back "I'M NOTSPEEDING! I WASN'T EVEN GOING FAST, JESUS!" so she responds with the same thing she was already saying. I was probably going about 8-10 mph MAX, which is still very slow. So she continues yelling at me, so when its time for me to respond, I just say "**** it" to her face and start to pull away. As I'm pulling away, she slams her hand into my rear window and leaves her handprint on my car, meanwhile yelling at me something to the effect of "SON OF A BITCH!"

So my question is how should I handle this from now on? I'm being 100% honest when I say I'm not speeding, and she DIDN'T EVEN SEE MY CAR and came running out because she HEARD my car and assumed I was going fast. Due to my exhaust, it makes my car louder than a normal car, so she's basing her whole thing off of what my car sounds like rather than seeing me speed. If she comes at me again, I think I'm really going to go off at her...but nothing came to me at the moment because I wasn't prepared for it.

But seriously, she had NO right to slam her hand on my car, right? If she
threatens me again I want to make up something bogus about suing her for
harassment just to get her to leave me alone.

Thoughts? Opinions? I wouldn't be telling you this if I were speeding, but I am
TOTALLY NOT SPEEDING so I don't quite know how to handle this.

I've attached a picture of the handprint just for shits and giggles...I know, my car is dirty, but its been raining off and on so washing it is futile.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
handprint.jpg (75.1 KB, 276 views)
Old 02-03-2005, 11:35 PM
DC294GSR
How did I get here?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

go return the handprint to her face.
Old 02-03-2005, 11:36 PM
RicoD
Pull my finger

lady is a bitc....well yeah. I hate it when people said i was speeding because they heard me coming. Um yeah, my exhaust is loud as hell cuz no cat doesnt mean i was speeding.

I wouldnt know how to handle this myself. She cant really do much since she cant prove your speeding. *Is it a 5mph alley? if so in all technicality...you are speeding if u go 6*

I would probably just tell her to piss off and leave me a lone until she can prove beyond a reasonable doubt to a police officer or some sort of authority that i was speeding. If she doesnt id get a restraining order on her/him because he/she has been harrassing me *then again i might not i hate complications*
Old 02-03-2005, 11:45 PM
dE.fUsEd
I still like honda's. :-/

shoulda kicked her teeth in. i hate people like that. tell the old bat to fock off and go diaf.
Old 02-03-2005, 11:48 PM
reech-around
RIP Woong.

what a bitch![/officer barbrady]
Old 02-03-2005, 11:49 PM
RB
snitches get stitches

Originally Posted by dE.fUsEd
shoulda kicked her teeth in. i hate people like that. tell the old bat to fock off and go diaf.

Well, she's not a whole lot older than myself, I'd say mid to late 20's. And as far as physical violence goes, I would never consider it. In this day in age, just getting in a verbal arguement with a female is liabable to get me in trouble with the law if she so wished. Good thing my gf was with me so that I have a witness.
Old 02-03-2005, 11:50 PM
AP2
Moderator Alumni

The hell with that shit.

I've had my share of stupid old lady neighbors. Let's just say that payback is a bitch.
Old 02-03-2005, 11:58 PM
b00gers

Calm yourself. Next time you see her, approach her in a friendly but stern manner. Tell you that you are driving at a safe speed through the alley. Tell her that YOU FEEL that it is inappropriate of her to storm outside yelling at you like that, and it was comepletly unnesscary for her to lay her hands on your property. Let her know that you guys can either solve this like adults, or you can get just as rowdy. Dont even start a conversation, state you piece and bounce.
Old 02-04-2005, 12:08 AM
sinthetiq

Originally Posted by WiLL
Calm yourself. Next time you see her, approach her in a friendly but stern manner. Tell you that you are driving at a safe speed through the alley. Tell her that YOU FEEL that it is inappropriate of her to storm outside yelling at you like that, and it was comepletly unnesscary for her to lay her hands on your property. Let her know that you guys can either solve this like adults, or you can get just as rowdy. Dont even start a conversation, state you piece and bounce.
have you been watching demolition man or something?
Old 02-04-2005, 12:12 AM
sinthetiq

you shouldve took a pic of her yelling at you

that wouldve been awesome