Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

McLawsuits are baaaack!

Old 01-26-2005, 06:49 PM
benjamin
Stuff and things.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wedley2
they need to take a step back and ask themselves..."am i a productive member of society?"
Unproductive people have rights, too.
Old 01-26-2005, 06:52 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Originally Posted by Tobra
Yes, our healthcare is more expensive, in large part due to lawsuit abuse.
The people really getting fat are the insurance companies. How many of you have had your insurance premiums go down in the last 10 years(NONE!) I can tell you for a fact that they are paying the doctors less. Now if you are paying more in, and they are paying less out, where do you suppose that money is now, hmmm.
At the very most, one can say that the cost of malpractice insurance is able to be hiked up so much because the insurance companies say there are too many lawsuits and thus insuring doctors becomes higher risk.

I say that's a load of crap. The insurance industry is the one to blame, and yet somehow the issue that gets trumped up is lawsuits. Let's say access to the judicial system is somehow curtailed. Then what? Will that suddenly cause the insurance companies to lower their premiums? I think not.

Republican politicians are anti trial lawyer and pro big business, and that's that. So rather than blame the big businesses which are the direct source of the problem, they attack the trial lawyers who so conveniently happen to be the current excuse the big businesses are using (and are thus, an indirect source of the problem).

Why beat around the bush? Let's stick it to the insurance companies instead of merely eliminating their excuse by screwing up access to the legal system. All that does is leave them to find a new excuse.
Old 01-26-2005, 07:11 PM
aero3685

i agree with all of you i think (just skimmed it). These stupid fat people need to get a life. If i were a judge, I would laugh at their fat ass, then take a burger, and dangle it in front of them and let um rip. But it is true, only in a country as stupid as america would this come up. Not only that, but im sure that these fat retards will get money out of it.

What'll those cows do with it? Prolly buy a whole restaraunt so they can have all the free food they want.
Old 01-26-2005, 07:17 PM
Slipjack
Town Drunk

McDonalds is the worst fast food in the nation. How could those kids eat that crap? Burger King all the way!