Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

CHRIST always happens to me :madfawk:

Old 01-14-2005, 12:02 AM
Epoch
CHRISTMASTIME IN IRAQ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CHRIST always happens to me :madfawk:

So yeah... I was gonna leave town tomorrow, and for the past week, my car had been hiding in drydock so it could de-mold a bit and such. Unfortunately, I turned the alarm on, and the trunk light was left on too. Now, I've got a dead battery with about 2.5V of current

I have a ghetto-ass late-80s solid-state 4amp battery charger. That's all I have. How safe do you think it is to leave this thing on overnight (well, till 6/7 AM) on my also ghetto AutoZone battery?

I was lazy too and just connected the positive terminal with the cable, and the negative against the chassis...

I know it works though, cause my alarm went off the minute that bish was plugged in.

Argh. Never used one of these things before, especially one so rickety... opinions? Am I just being a baby?

*It's one AM, shit's going down, I'm tired & stressed, and I'm using flakey hardware with explosive acid. Better be safe than sorry
Old 01-14-2005, 01:04 AM
dE.fUsEd
I still like honda's. :-/

push start that bish....less it's an auto.
Old 01-14-2005, 05:24 AM
spanky
I go duffy on dem bitches

Karate Explosion!
Old 01-14-2005, 05:28 AM
S2Kev

Why not jump start it in the morning and then just drive and let the alternator recharge the battery? Can't get jumper cables somewhere? Actually, that is if you have enough gas.
Old 01-14-2005, 06:08 AM
Epoch
CHRISTMASTIME IN IRAQ

Originally Posted by e30dood
Why not jump start it in the morning and then just drive and let the alternator recharge the battery? Can't get jumper cables somewhere? Actually, that is if you have enough gas.
I wouldn't have been able to do that in the morning due to limited car access (unless I could have found a nice neighbor at 7AM), and my commute to work is about 10-15 minutes... not enough to reliably charge the battery by the time I got to work (I mean, it should have charged enough to start again, but I'm not gonna bank on anything working like it should).

Well, the battery survived and now the car is idling in my garage. Here's hopin the 101 gets opened in the next 4 hours :happysad: