Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

f'ed up childhood (inspired by AcuraFanatic's thread)

Old 01-13-2005, 09:33 AM
yellowbastard
Bootyologist (__i__)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default f'ed up childhood (inspired by AcuraFanatic's thread)

I didn't want to spoil his thread so I started another.

Anyway, my mom was on her second marriage and discovered her then husband was cheating on her when he was away in Somalia working as an Oil Manager. He was a retired Master Seargent (sp) from the Air Force and later got a job contracting in Somalia. He would come home every few months and my mom intercepted a letter that was sent to our house in Oklahoma addressed to him. She had gotten his address somehow and started mailing love letters and my mom broke down when she found them in the mail. This was during the summer time so my brother and I were off from school and our step sister (also half thai but 19y/o at the time) took and dropped us off at a local putt-putt/arcade place with like $20 each. We were in shock because she had always been a b!tch and we never got along. Anyway, she came and got us like 4-5 hours later and we noticed some things in her back seat. She said she was going to drop them off for repair so we thought nothing of it. Once we pulled up to the house, she dropped us off and said she had to run an errand and once we opened the front door, everything was fawking gone. I mean everything. There was a letter addressed to my mom top of the fireplace from our stepdad and that was it.

To make a long story short, we ended up moving back to Florida and staying with my aunt until my mom got back up on her feet. Thats why I love my mom so much, I don't know what I would do with out her. She practically raised us on her own.
Old 01-13-2005, 09:37 AM
Derek
you motorboatin' s.o.b.

sucks, meng. I hear you, though.. went through some chit during childhood as well, sucks.
Old 01-13-2005, 09:38 AM
Singhg83
BALLIN'

damn bro. that sucks going home to see that.
speechless i am.
Old 01-13-2005, 09:41 AM
BonzoAPD

oh damn that is some really crazy shit
Old 01-13-2005, 10:01 AM
clickwir
Floppy Death! noES!!!

Hiting a Somalia chick... ugh that's nasty!
Old 01-13-2005, 10:40 AM
Mandi

Similar story here.

My mom had 3 kids and one miscarriage before i came along. She raised all 3 of them on her own. She had been married and divorced 3 times before she met my dad. She was ~40 then. She had me when she was 41 (turned 42 a month later)..but this was after making an appt twice to abort me. My dad was an alcoholic and treated my mom like shit..so they seperated when i was a year old.

I'm not sure what went on in the next year, but she married for the 4th time when i was about 2. He was a pyscho. He'd check my mom's mileage to make sure she only went to the grocery store and back and nowhere else. He'd stand over her and watch her while she slept. Go into the bathroom when she was taking a bath, shit or piss and just watch her. I remember many fights in that house..one night i actually got trampled by my sister, brother and step brother.

Anyway, I remember the day we moved out of that house pretty well. My stepfather was at work and my mom just started packing our shit. We (mom, sister, brother and i) were out by the time he got home from work. He stalked my mom for awhile after that....17 years later, he just sent her divorce papers in the mail before Christmas. :lmao: Humor.

So from there on out, my mom and i lived by ourselves most of the time. She had a few live in boyfriends...all were either alcoholics, mentally abusive or physically abusive..or all in one. I went to 5 of our 7 elementary schools in the district from Kindergarden to 2nd grade. Then from 2nd grade till i graduated, we moved almost every single year. The longest we stayed in one house was 2.5 years.

By the time i was in 3rd grade, i had seen my mom beat up and cussed out more times that i can remember. I only saw my dad every other weekend if i was lucky because he spent all his time in the bars.

So once i got older things pretty much calmed down. There was still a bunch of BS in my family, as always. My brothers and sister never got along. My mom didnt get along with her family..blah blah blah. But things were actually good, calm.

Then my dad died when i was 17. 3 months later my grandfather (mom's dad) shot himself in the chest. The following October, my Uncle (mom's bro) was shot by the cops. And after all this, my sister and one brother stopped talking to my mom. It's been 2 years since the last death, and at the end of December, my one brother got married. He started talking to my mom again, as did my sister last year...and for the first time in over 10 years, my mom finally had all her kids under one roof, getting along.

So there's my f'ed up childhood, in a nutshell. I have a headache now
Old 01-13-2005, 10:43 AM
clickwir
Floppy Death! noES!!!

:eek3: Explains a lot!
Old 01-13-2005, 10:54 AM
Mandi

Originally Posted by click sidious
:eek3: Explains a lot!

It truely does...both good and bad.
Old 01-13-2005, 11:05 AM
yellowbastard
Bootyologist (__i__)

Originally Posted by Princess Mandiala
Similar story here.

My mom had 3 kids and one miscarriage before i came along. She raised all 3 of them on her own. She had been married and divorced 3 times before she met my dad. She was ~40 then. She had me when she was 41 (turned 42 a month later)..but this was after making an appt twice to abort me. My dad was an alcoholic and treated my mom like shit..so they seperated when i was a year old.

I'm not sure what went on in the next year, but she married for the 4th time when i was about 2. He was a pyscho. He'd check my mom's mileage to make sure she only went to the grocery store and back and nowhere else. He'd stand over her and watch her while she slept. Go into the bathroom when she was taking a bath, shit or piss and just watch her. I remember many fights in that house..one night i actually got trampled by my sister, brother and step brother.

Anyway, I remember the day we moved out of that house pretty well. My stepfather was at work and my mom just started packing our shit. We (mom, sister, brother and i) were out by the time he got home from work. He stalked my mom for awhile after that....17 years later, he just sent her divorce papers in the mail before Christmas. :lmao: Humor.

So from there on out, my mom and i lived by ourselves most of the time. She had a few live in boyfriends...all were either alcoholics, mentally abusive or physically abusive..or all in one. I went to 5 of our 7 elementary schools in the district from Kindergarden to 2nd grade. Then from 2nd grade till i graduated, we moved almost every single year. The longest we stayed in one house was 2.5 years.

By the time i was in 3rd grade, i had seen my mom beat up and cussed out more times that i can remember. I only saw my dad every other weekend if i was lucky because he spent all his time in the bars.

So once i got older things pretty much calmed down. There was still a bunch of BS in my family, as always. My brothers and sister never got along. My mom didnt get along with her family..blah blah blah. But things were actually good, calm.

Then my dad died when i was 17. 3 months later my grandfather (mom's dad) shot himself in the chest. The following October, my Uncle (mom's bro) was shot by the cops. And after all this, my sister and one brother stopped talking to my mom. It's been 2 years since the last death, and at the end of December, my one brother got married. He started talking to my mom again, as did my sister last year...and for the first time in over 10 years, my mom finally had all her kids under one roof, getting along.

So there's my f'ed up childhood, in a nutshell. I have a headache now

Ouch. I feel you pain Mandi. :e-hug: Hopefully, you experiencing all of that turned you into a better person. I know my experiences did. I don't take things for granted and I'm very appreciative of everything I have.
Old 01-13-2005, 11:32 AM
AcuraFanatic

Sucks dude.

My dad's always been extremely controlling over my mom, which stems from his ****ed up childhood but he refuses to get help for any of that shit. After 20 years my mom just wants out.

He's very...weird. Has a temper and is very cold and selfish in many regards. He's controlled my mom financially for years and she's tired of it. He's tried to control me as well but I opened my own bank account years ago just for that reason.

When I told him I was moving out, the 1st thing he said to me was "Well clean your bathroom and room before you leave."

So not quite as ****ed up as yours, but he and I don't get along at all and we've never gotten along.