Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Looking for some insight . .(kinda long)

Old 01-10-2005, 08:06 AM
CivicEXR99
Vladamirious

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for some insight . .(kinda long)

Here's the deal. The wife has been getting some phone calls from an ex-boyfriend of hers way back in the day. I don't know what spawned this chain of events, but i'm starting to get annoyed. The wife and I have talked and she understands my frustration. I'm the type of person who will cut the problem off at the knees (if you know what i mean) and be done with the situation.
This guy calls every once in a while, not just to talk, but calls when we are asleep. 2AM, 4AM on random nights. I know who he is, what he looks like, where he lives etc. I don't really know him, just that he is a tool. I have my ideas of how to solve this but I just need to vent and get this out.

Oh well, I know the wife loves me and she would not do anything to hurt our marraige. (This guy used to be a friend of her brothers and they have not been friends since they split like 6 years ago) I talked to her brother and he is super pissed at this guy for calling. I think it's time to make a phone call and let him know, not to call that number again. Consider it his warning!
Old 01-10-2005, 08:10 AM
Tinker Bell
mexikin who?

is your wife taking these calls?? what does she think about the dude calling?? if she is ok with him calling and at that hour of the night than you must talk to her too and tell her to get her priorities straight, I for one would not let my wife speak to the dude much less in the wee hours of the morning.
Old 01-10-2005, 08:11 AM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

id answer the phone next time and ask him if i can be assistance, and if not than not to call anymore... step 2 if necessary, restraining order.
Old 01-10-2005, 08:13 AM
Jessica
ch1x0r

maybe he's drunk or something? its good your wife understands, but you should fix this problem before it gets worse. block his number, and if that doesn't work, notify the police
Old 01-10-2005, 08:13 AM
CivicEXR99
Vladamirious

She's upset that he calls. She wants nothing to do with him. She does not talk to him, nor take the calls that come in. The only person that takes them is me. When i answer the phone, he hangs up. She wants to get this resolved as well. I think the best non-violent/unintimidating approach is to have her # changed to something different.
Old 01-10-2005, 08:15 AM
Tinker Bell
mexikin who?

ok than if she isnt ok with him calling than I would personally talk to the dude and tell him to mind his own fukkin business and to stop calling. I dont know maybe its just me but I would not be ok with this type of BS with an ex of my wife, and I would not be nice about it either.
Old 01-10-2005, 08:18 AM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would answer the phone and simply ask him why he is calling your wife (pretty much in those words). Then I would tell him that if he continues to call you will report him to the police as a crank caller and at that point you can also see about stalking charges since it is a repetitive situation.

There is no need of physical violence in this matter but lay it out there that his calls are not appreciated by either you or your wife and are an intrusion in your life...sleep...whatever.
Old 01-10-2005, 08:23 AM
Grifter

why doesnt she tell him not to call anymore?
Old 01-10-2005, 08:31 AM
CivicEXR99
Vladamirious

She has told him to stop calling on many occassions when we first started seeing eachother over 2 years ago.

I am trying to walk a new path. She has gotten an earfull from me on this Christmas day. I have a really raw temper and it's not a good thing when i get pushed to a limit. I am getting closer to the limit. I belive i will let him know next time he calls (if he does not hang up) that if he calls anymore i will take further action with the authorities. End of story. I am proud of myself for not going and finding where he works and having a sit down and letting him know there will be no next time of calling and cutting his hands off.
Old 01-10-2005, 08:41 AM
Jessica
ch1x0r

Originally Posted by CivicEXR99
She has told him to stop calling on many occassions when we first started seeing eachother over 2 years ago.

I am trying to walk a new path. She has gotten an earfull from me on this Christmas day. I have a really raw temper and it's not a good thing when i get pushed to a limit. I am getting closer to the limit. I belive i will let him know next time he calls (if he does not hang up) that if he calls anymore i will take further action with the authorities. End of story. I am proud of myself for not going and finding where he works and having a sit down and letting him know there will be no next time of calling and cutting his hands off.
don't yell at her, its not her fault (although it sounds like you understand that now)