Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Grr, stupid cats never doing what you tell them to

Old 01-06-2005, 11:06 AM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grr, stupid cats never doing what you tell them to

My computer's broken and I'm home for winter break so I've been using various other family members' computers (family of five, each with their own comp). Right now I'm in my sister's room, and because she showers the cat with affection it tends to hang out in here a decent portion of the day. The cat came and bugged me to scratch it, so I put it up on the desk and scratched it while still browsing. I thought the cat sitting on the desk right next to the monitor would make a cool or at the very least semi interesting picture, so I went over to my room to get my digital camera. It was in my camera bag with my film SLR, so I brought the whole bag back to my sister's room and opened it with one hand while continuing to scratch the cat's chin with the other. I then switched scratching hands and set the white balance and flash. I got up to take the picture, but right as I'm about to snap the shot the cat got bored of sitting on the desk because it wasn't getting its chin scratched any more and ruined it. I wasn't about to be defeated so easily, so I went and chased after it, camera still in hand. I picked it up and put it back on the desk but it was having none of that.

Moral of the story: if you want to take a picture of a cat doing something funny, be sure to have another person on hand to wrangle the cat.
Old 01-06-2005, 11:17 AM
shivers
Moderator Alumni

Our cat is content as ever, but as soon as a camera comes out she tends to disappear completely or move just as you take the picture.
Old 01-06-2005, 11:44 AM
Epoch
CHRISTMASTIME IN IRAQ

You only get good pics of cats entirely by accident
Old 01-06-2005, 11:49 AM
DakarM

they don't want you stealing their soul by taking their picture.

:nervous:
LCD Squad #0001
Originally Posted by WiLL
...I really wanna get out and shoot people.
Old 01-06-2005, 11:51 AM
dom93hatch
more meat, more fire

that's why i have a dog. all you need to do is hang some food from your teef and they will sit and look at you all nice n' shit
Old 01-10-2005, 06:13 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Right after I posted this thread I did in fact get my sister to wrangle the cat up onto the desk so I could take a picture. But...I only have a PCMCIA compact flash card reader and none of the computers in my parents' house at the time had PCMCIA slots except my broken laptop. I didn't feel like installing all of the camera's software to hook it up to a computer via its USB cable. Now that I have my new laptop I can read the card. Without further ado, here is my cat on my sister's desk.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_1257.JPG (96.3 KB, 102 views)
Old 01-10-2005, 06:19 PM
aux
More Black on Black Crime

this fawking stray cat sleeps on my hood everynight. any ideas? it likes leaving piss puddles.
Old 01-10-2005, 06:20 PM
RB
snitches get stitches

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

smack that pussy!
Old 01-10-2005, 06:20 PM
Just Janna
Cake or Death?

I don't like when people refer to their pets as "it"

Pet peeve. h:
Old 01-10-2005, 06:42 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Fine, the cat's name (according to my mom at least) is Princess Jasmine Raven Jing the Trusty Furball. Don't ask me why that's its name. We just call her Jazzy. But for purposes of keeping the word count down and because none of you folks know the cat's name, I simply referred to it as "the cat" or "it."