Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Never call a girl unless you HAVE to, or it will come back to bite you in the ass

Old 12-23-2004, 04:17 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Never call a girl unless you HAVE to, or it will come back to bite you in the ass

Gentlemen, as you should already know by now, never call a girl unless you absolutely have to. I broke this rule tonight, and it has now provided me with a bunch of inconvenience.

All but one of my finals were last week, but that one freakin test was today, thursday. My job is closed for winter break (I work for my school) and this one test didn't really need much in the way of studying, so I've had a whole lot of nothing to do for the past several days.

Tonight I finally got fed up with sitting on my ass and decided to go see a movie. There are three movies I want to see at some point in the near future: Meet The Fockers, The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, and The Aviator. Fockers opened yesterday, the other two open tomorrow.

Here's where I messed up and called this chick. I'm flying home on saturday and going out with this girl back home to see a movie among other things. So what I wanted to do was go see Fockers tonight and then one of the other two movies on Saturday since they're not out yet. So what do I do? I call up this chick and say, "hey if you plan to go see a movie tomorrow night make sure it's not Steve Zissou because I wanna see that on Saturday with you." She says she was kinda interested in Fockers instead. At this point I should have realized the error of my ways and tried to squirm out of making a decision, but really I was screwed anyway. I told her that I was bored out of my mind right now and planning to see Fockers because it opened yesterday and that's why I want to see Zissou on saturday. Apparently she was all excited to see Fockers with me. She made some comment like, "it's your life, see whichever movie you want to," but we all know that's not what she really means.

So now if I go to see Fockers tonight, I have to either go see it again with her on saturday, or I have to sell her on Zissou even though what she really wanted to see was Fockers. One way I have a boring time with her because the jokes aren't fresh, the other way I get to see another cool movie but she's gonna be bitter, thus making that movie less fun. On the other hand if I had refrained from making this one insignificant phone call, I could have gone to see Fockers tonight and when the topic of a movie came up on saturday I could just say I already saw it and suggest Zissou. Win-win situation for me, I cure my boredom tonight and my ladyfriend doesn't feel in some way that something fishy is going on.

What's the moral of the story guys? Never call a girl unless you absolutely have to.
Old 12-23-2004, 04:19 PM
antarius
Large Member

Weak gamesauce will do that to you.

Can you say, Fockers twice?
Old 12-23-2004, 05:07 PM
Tobra

You seem pretty sharp, what made you call? I never call to ask, "Honey, do you need me to pick anything up on the way home." If she wants something, she will call you. Always do whatever it is you plan to do, never let them dictate your actions, it is that simple
Old 12-23-2004, 05:08 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Cabin fever made me call.
Old 12-23-2004, 05:11 PM
AP2
Moderator Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funny you posted this, I hardly call my lady friend because I've been disinterested lately. But I decided to be nice and called her. Seemed she was surprised to for me to ask how she was doing. Oh well, at this point I'm whatever about the whole situation.
Old 12-23-2004, 05:12 PM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Just skip the movie tonight and save it for when you get home instead. Its an extra day to see the Fockers and it would be a bit more considerate of her if you did.

Hmmm...that advice sounds logical

Or you could just tell the bitch to shut up and go see Life Aquatic and enjoy whether she wants to or not.

ahhhh...thats better:chuckles:
Old 12-23-2004, 05:18 PM
AP2
Moderator Alumni

Damn, I miss this chick...........i hate it when feelings start to leak
Old 12-23-2004, 05:52 PM
redgoober4life
I eat plastic.

Go see Kinsey and pretend it's really Fockers. She will never know.
Old 12-23-2004, 08:52 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

I ended up not going to Fockers tonight. And yes, you reminded me that Kinsey is worth seeing as well. So I now have four movies to see for sure over the break.