Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Is Honda Dying?

Old 12-22-2004, 08:51 PM
smilez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hes i am a proud owner of a 03 v6 accord....very aggresive in the front and very stupid looking in the rear...
but no, ive seen many many many new 03-05 accords on the road and many new civics
Old 12-23-2004, 11:46 AM
drprince89

I hate the last gen coupe the rear was fugly in my opinion it looked terrible and i know a ton of eople that would agree with me, and the new gen coupe is beautiful i love it, the sedan i like a lot too.
Old 12-23-2004, 01:04 PM
TaekOne
pronounced tech

ive got an 04 accord ex coupe and im totally satisfied w/ it. its not like i went in to buy a car that had crazy power or stock race-like qualities, so i'll never complain about that. i think the interior is freakin nice and cozy, very sleek and suave...haha. ive got 10k miles and so far ive had no problems w/ it and it doesnt look like that'll change. its definitely not meant to be a tuner platform, but the v6's and even I4s like mine can still be tweaked. in terms of competition, i dont see people tryin to mess around too much w/ the newest camry coupes (solaras) or even their sedans, or any other company. i do agree that the sedans look a bit...off, but hey, no ones gonna die. and after having worked at a nissan dealer for a year detailing and driving around tons of other cars (besides nissans), honda's interior's (as well as overall quality) have always been above the rest, and i think the current gens do the same. yeah, you'll always have mixed feelings, but honda will keep rolling~ >:]
Old 12-24-2004, 10:52 AM
Jehu

Im still in love with the 4th Gen body style done up right.. they can look real classy, like mine :P
and dont have the "plastic look" that so many of the new ones have
Old 05-31-2005, 08:49 PM
IonBlue

what are you guys talking bout??

the ass off the 7th gen is phat!
looks pimp down low and the front is pimp too with the sweeping back lamps.

Side view is a little tall and big but is overcome by lowering, it's got decent lines and an aerodynamic shape.

excellent steering wheel feel, dash look and continuity. shift, clutch is tight and smooth. solid refined feel.

my only minor complaints are the stuff that should be standard like color matched mirrors, sills and some other features. should have a trunk lid liner.

theres a bit of road/wind noise and water easily drips inside when windows cracked.
Old 06-01-2005, 06:37 AM
dicivicHB
...on Christ's Team...

my favorite civic year would have to be the 92-95, my favorite accord would have to be the 90-93 which is a little boxy, but i really like it....anywho...back to the topic...i agree that Honda is not dying...i doubt Honda will die any time soon, if ever...it's a great company that produces great products...it's just a design phase...to be successful they need to produce what the majority of the consumer wants...we may want some sweet high performance cars that ride low and look sleek, but as for now...thats not the top of the consumer demands...that's what modding is all about...make a plane car into something amazing...just my 2 cents.

Long Live Honda!
Old 06-01-2005, 06:45 AM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

i have no idea how I missed this OT thread ... moved from the accord forum.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:36 AM
iNteGraz92
forever lurking

Originally Posted by Rice_Kit
I honestly don't like the recent models for civics, accords and other honda mobiles. I heard Honda's mobile selling is decreasing.
I don't like tail lights for the new accords sedans. Do you?
yes, the ugly tail lights of the accord sedan totally stopped honda sales :ugh:
that is why honda has record sales every month.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:37 PM
Cosmo M3
Lurker

Honda will never die. If you think they are, give us some statistics and numbers.
Old 06-01-2005, 04:08 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i remember posting how i didnt like the new accords, to tell the truth the accord has now grown on me and it looks quite luxurious. some people will most likely still agree with my original statement.