Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Went and saw Spanglish...

Old 12-20-2004, 11:58 AM
RB
snitches get stitches

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Went and saw Spanglish...

...and I must say I was pretty disappointed. Not only was it 2 hours and 10 minutes, but it was much less of a comedy than I expected and much more about the stupid story which is weak at best. By the end of it I was looking at my date just waiting for it to end. It was almost torturous.

Adam Sandler did a pretty good job though, its just that the story was pretty weak that no amount of talented acting could improve the story.

If you feel you must see it, wait til it comes out on video.
Old 12-20-2004, 12:03 PM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the review, i was interested in seein this but now i might wait.

unless i hear more people say it was good.... :dunno:
Old 12-20-2004, 12:06 PM
dubcac
I

It didn't seem very interesting to me from the previews.
Old 12-20-2004, 12:06 PM
RB
snitches get stitches

Originally Posted by Master Yodub
It didn't seem very interesting to me from the previews.

well it was either that or the Jim Carrey movie...and that wasn't quite the mood we were trying to go for. I almost wish we'd chosen the other one though.
Old 12-20-2004, 12:09 PM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

I am going to see Unfortunate events this weekend with the girls. I am really looking forward to that because the books were great.

Wasn't really even interested in Spanglish but at least this confirms my suspicions....Sandler is a very limited talent actor anyways so no real shock.
Old 12-20-2004, 12:11 PM
RB
snitches get stitches

Originally Posted by Luke Nightshader
I am going to see Unfortunate events this weekend with the girls. I am really looking forward to that because the books were great.

Wasn't really even interested in Spanglish but at least this confirms my suspicions....Sandler is a very limited talent actor anyways so no real shock.
Well see thats the thing...Sandler was one of the good parts of the movie. He provided some good comic relief and showed a little bit more range than I'm used to seeing from him...Tea Leone and the spanish chick absolutely killed the movie. I even read a review where it said Leone's performance was a quote "career ender".

and on top of it, they had like 3 co-stories going on throughout the movie, none of which was the "main" story, and none of which got resolved by the end. It's like the writer got so involved with each that by the two hour mark, he realized he had to end it quick and just kinda forced out an ending that required no thought.
Old 12-20-2004, 12:15 PM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

Originally Posted by RB
It's like the writer got so involved with each that by the two hour mark, he realized he had to end it quick and just kinda forced out an ending that required no thought.

i hate it when they do that...

or when the whole movie is going great then the last 30 minutes are the sucks and it seems like its cuz they ran out of budget and had to compact the rest of the movie into 30 crappy overbudget minutes.
Old 12-20-2004, 12:41 PM
Tark

I want to go see House of Flying Daggers... anyone seen it yet?
Old 12-20-2004, 01:04 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

I remember when 'As Good As It Gets' came out a while back and it got all this oscar buzz. I watched it on tv one time and it was crap. More depressing than anything else, and while Jack Nicholson had a cool character and put in a solid performance, the movie was justb blah. So when in the commercial they said, "if you liked As Good As It Gets, go see Spanglish," I figured I would save my 8 bucks.
Old 12-20-2004, 01:05 PM
RB
snitches get stitches

Originally Posted by MrFatbooty
I remember when 'As Good As It Gets' came out a while back and it got all this oscar buzz. I watched it on tv one time and it was crap. More depressing than anything else, and while Jack Nicholson had a cool character and put in a solid performance, the movie was justb blah. So when in the commercial they said, "if you liked As Good As It Gets, go see Spanglish," I figured I would save my 8 bucks.

well just because they were both produced by the same guy, I wouldn't say go see one if you liked the other.