Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Is this not a good idea?

Old 12-10-2004, 10:42 PM
randomtask77
Wanderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this not a good idea?

To find something on ebay but asking the seller to purchase outside of ebay? The seller doesn't have a "Buy It Now" option, so I emailed them asking to purchase it now for a price instead of waiting til the end of the auction. It's not a significant amount of money (less than 50 bucks) but I don't want to get screwed as well. Is this a bad idea?
Old 12-10-2004, 10:47 PM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

well, it all depends...

i purchased my dc sports header from this one guy that wasnt able to sell it off ebay. we bargained a bit and i got a tracking number..

remember, go thru paypal (cuz u are covered), demand for tracking number, and check feedback ratings.
Old 12-10-2004, 10:48 PM
clickwir
Floppy Death! noES!!!

Well if he sells it to you before the auction is over, he's in violation of ebay rules and also the law.

He's under contract right now, your asking him to break that contract. No matter the amount of money, it's still a contract.

These are jsut facts... take them as you will.
Old 12-10-2004, 10:49 PM
WideBodyEK
Stage 3 Modified

technically its against ebay rules to deal with a product outside fo ebay when that particular product has an active auction going on,..but if the dood is down to drown than i dont see nothing wrong with it
Old 12-10-2004, 10:49 PM
WideBodyEK
Stage 3 Modified

i posted the same time clickster posted h:
Old 12-10-2004, 10:50 PM
b00gers

Originally Posted by click sidious
Well if he sells it to you before the auction is over, he's in violation of ebay rules and also the law.

He's under contract right now, your asking him to break that contract. No matter the amount of money, it's still a contract.

These are jsut facts... take them as you will.

Seller also always has the right to end the auction early being that there are no bidders.

And by him selling and you buying out of Ebay...Ebay will have NOTHING to do with the transaction. It is like sending money to a stranger and hoping for the best. I wouldnt do it.
Old 12-10-2004, 10:53 PM
randomtask77
Wanderer

The guy has good feedback and most likely the transaction is gonna go through paypal (I'm still waiting for his response) but it completely slipped my mind about violation of the rules.
Old 12-10-2004, 10:53 PM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

Originally Posted by WiLL
Seller also always has the right to end the auction early being that there are no bidders.

And by him selling and you buying out of Ebay...Ebay will have NOTHING to do with the transaction. It is like sending money to a stranger and hoping for the best. I wouldnt do it.
yea, i got ripped 150 out of an RC controlled car.

and this one assbag, bid up my maximum bid and retracted the bid, so i had to pay 20 more bucks for no reason.
Old 12-10-2004, 10:54 PM
randomtask77
Wanderer

Originally Posted by WiLL

There is one bidder with about a couple of days left in the auction.

But that's what worries me a bit is that it will feel like sending money to someone that I don't know.
Old 12-10-2004, 11:06 PM
b00gers

You cant wait a couple days and try to win the auction. That would be safest. :happysad: