Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Job Interviews now comes down to........

Old 12-01-2004, 08:13 PM
CRAIGHIMSELF
Be good

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Job Interviews now comes down to........

.....a computerized personality test.

So today was my second interview with this company in Del Mar. The interviewer and I struck in rich when he asked about my email account from tennis.com. Turns out he play avidly so we talked for 15-20 minutes on the current tennis standings. Everything was going great, and I spent about 2 hours on site at this location. The company has 9 people and is looking for a 10th. So after I sit in with the workers and get a feel for the office, the boss walks me out and says "Craig, we're really interested in you and want to invite you back for one last phase. We've put together a profile and want you to take this computerized personality test to see if you fit the profile we're looking for."

Basically its down to myself and another candidate. The job is soooo similar to what I did for 5 years at my previous job. And this pays about 10k more. My question to everyone is have you ever taken this personality test? And if so, what did you think of it? Here is a pic of directly outside the suite.

Last edited by CRAIGHIMSELF; 05-16-2007 at 12:00 PM.
Old 12-01-2004, 08:20 PM
LT
The deer had to die!

gorgeous view...

no company/agency would take me - i'm worthless.
Old 12-01-2004, 08:20 PM
redgoober4life
I eat plastic.

oh wow if oyu get it do i get to live in the middle of the streeeet?
Old 12-01-2004, 08:28 PM
Andy
Hybrid Forum Moderator

I talked to an old professor at my school and he said when he interviewed for a job he got they had him sit in a room and had each member of the company come in individually and ask him a question/riddle. They used this to base his reaction to strange problems and situations (see how you think and work when challanged). He told us one of the questions they asked him was this. Your in a house with that's wired wrong. Upstairs there are 3 switches, downstairs there are 3 bulbs. How can you tell which switch controls which bulb without making multiple trips and without anyone else around. His solution was to turn 2 switches on for a minute, then turn one off and go downstairs. The bulb that's still on is obviously the switch that's still on. The bulb that's still warm is the one that was on but got turned off and the bulb that's off and cold is the switch you didn't touch.

He said they told him after he was hired that he figured out 9 of the 10 things they asked him and did the best of anyone they had ever interviewed. It's strange but I guess some companies do things like that.

'06 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Stock, for now
'98 Civic EX - CTR headlights and grill, Kosei K1's, for sale
'90 240SX - SR20DET that will never get installed, project car.
Old 12-01-2004, 08:43 PM
whoaitslen2
hermit

A lot of the office jobs I applied for have that personality test. Ive had em over the phone, on computer, and verbally. Pretty much questions like "would you steal from your own company" and "if you know someone is stealing would be a snitch". Its stupid cause of course you would answer them as if you were an angel when really youre not. :rick:
Old 12-01-2004, 08:54 PM
dom93hatch
more meat, more fire

Haha. At Sammy Studios they asked me what was my favorite game, why, and to explain in detail what 3 things I liked about it. I picked Super Mario Bros. 3.
Old 12-01-2004, 09:00 PM
Derek
you motorboatin' s.o.b.

Del Mar Heights, huh?
Old 12-01-2004, 09:07 PM
CRAIGHIMSELF
Be good

Those questions are common freaking sense. If anyone is dumb enough to admit that they STEAL, then no job will ever hire them. Unless youre interviewing for a thiefs position.
Old 12-01-2004, 09:10 PM
wagon89

What happend to Ho Depot have you had enough
Old 12-01-2004, 09:13 PM
CRAIGHIMSELF
Be good

IVE HAD MORE THAN ENOUGH. I think Id make more money for less work if I was a chimp standing on a street corner with a jack in the box.

Working for them are the suxors x 1874302953498543