Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

cell phone gurus....

Old 11-26-2004, 03:29 PM
s1ngle
clutch slipping boost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cell phone gurus....

I am looking into getting a cell phone plan... Basically I want as cheap as possible, with a decent amount of features. What is a good company to go with, and where do i find good deals, like working out some kind of free/discounted phone? Or is it best to buy a used phone?

I dont really wanna just walk into a store and pay full price...

thanks guys
Old 11-26-2004, 03:31 PM
RB
snitches get stitches

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most cell companies will give you a phone for free when you sign a yearly contract.
Old 11-26-2004, 03:31 PM
s1ngle
clutch slipping boost

what company do you use?
Old 11-26-2004, 03:35 PM
MahoneyL80
I want 2 B cool like u!

im with tmobile and me and my girlfriend are on the same plan we recieved 2 free phones when we signed the contract and between the 2 of us on the same plan our bill is about 105 bucks a month...and thats 2 phones on 1 account so im guessing thats a pretty good deal plus we almost always have service...
Old 11-26-2004, 03:37 PM
RB
snitches get stitches

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by s1ngle
what company do you use?
T-Mobile. I got my first Nokia 3390 for signing up with the lowest yearly contract they offered.
Old 11-26-2004, 03:51 PM
b00gers

My way to buy a cell phone.

-Ask your friends or neighbors what provider they use. Make sure you ask people that use their phone around where you are going to be using the phone the most. Maybe around your school or home? Dont matter how cheap a phone is, if you dont have reception, it isnt worth jack.

-Research the company. See if their customer service is any good. See if anybody else has feedback on the company.

-Find out what particular features you want on your phone. Go online and see what phones are offered with the company. Different companies use different satellites (CDMA, GSM, TDMA....).

-Depending on what company you go with, you can start visiting local places. Small phone shops can sometimes offer prices that going into a huge store cant, and vice versa. So it would be good to shop around. Make a list of questions that you might have.
Old 11-26-2004, 03:56 PM
DakarM

Originally Posted by WiLL
My way to buy a cell phone.

-Ask your friends or neighbors what provider they use. Make sure you ask people that use their phone around where you are going to be using the phone the most. Maybe around your school or home? Dont matter how cheap a phone is, if you dont have reception, it isnt worth jack.

-Research the company. See if their customer service is any good. See if anybody else has feedback on the company.

-Find out what particular features you want on your phone. Go online and see what phones are offered with the company. Different companies use different satellites (CDMA, GSM, TDMA....).

-Depending on what company you go with, you can start visiting local places. Small phone shops can sometimes offer prices that going into a huge store cant, and vice versa. So it would be good to shop around. Make a list of questions that you might have.

oh sure if you actually plan on using your phone for actually making and receiving calls who wants that h:
LCD Squad #0001
...I really wanna get out and shoot people.
Old 11-26-2004, 04:05 PM
b00gers

Originally Posted by DaKarMaul
oh sure if you actually plan on using your phone for actually making and receiving calls who wants that h:

!!! I am buying a phone for its NIFTY ring tones and to take pix0rs!

h:
Old 11-26-2004, 04:09 PM
Mandi

I have T-Mobile. I got a free phone when i signed up almost 2 years ago. My plan is $39.99 (the Get More plan w/ 600 minutes) a month...after taxes and the $10 unlimited text messaging i have, it comes to about $58 a month.
Old 11-26-2004, 04:17 PM
DakarM

!!! I am buying a phone for its NIFTY ring tones and to take pix0rs!

h:

I sort of liked the RAZR until someone told me its da suxors :reechy:
LCD Squad #0001
...I really wanna get out and shoot people.