Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

got OCD?

Old 11-23-2004, 05:20 AM
LT
The deer had to die!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i can't stand reading the rest of that thread...makes me sick.
Old 11-23-2004, 06:36 AM
Skelly_GSR
RB does men

it says hes got a garage in pittsburgh... ill have to see where it is
Old 11-23-2004, 06:57 AM
Skelly_GSR
RB does men

he kinda looks like crucial
Old 11-23-2004, 07:00 AM
honda_pilot
DeeCeeFo'

What Is Ocd???
Old 11-23-2004, 07:01 AM
Skelly_GSR
RB does men

obsessive compulsive disorder
Old 11-23-2004, 07:06 AM
LT
The deer had to die!

i have a mild case of OCD - i need constant structure in my schedule and organization of my things. plus, i clean often too.
Old 11-23-2004, 07:34 AM
reno96teg

i am definitely OCD. some examples:

when i buy something, first of all, i never get it if it's the last item on the shelf, unless absolutely necessary, or unless i have no other choice. and i always look for the packaging without any damage. then, after i actually get the item out of the box, i get all anal about keeping it clean and pristene until i've owned it for long enough. for instance, when i first got my dell, i was dusting that thing down every day. once, when wiping down the keyboard, a bit of lint got under the key, and i didn't quit trying to get it out until i finally got it with a toothpick. :dunno:

if i buy something with a price sticker on it, i have to take the sticker off, even if it's something like a shampoo bottle. sometimes those stickers don't come off easy so i waste a lot of time getting all that adhesive off. :dunno:

i'm tend to adjust and readjust things on my desk so that they sit just right, and so that they're "balanced". :dunno:

i'm meticulous about installs whether it be on the computer or on cars. when i installed the cd changer in my gf's car, i spent at least an hour positioning the cd changer to sit just right. it's still not right! :dunno:

software installs, folder structures, files, partitions, etc.. have to be organized "right", whatever "right" happens to be for me at that time. i've reinstalled OSes before just because i didn't feel shit installed quite right the first time, or because i removed crap and felt like it wasn't "clean" enough. :dunno:

wires, oh man, don't get me started on wires. they have to run a certain way. i can't stand wires. i've wasted so much time organizing those things. :dunno:

and i hate when people touch my stuff or ruin my organization.

funny thing is, if you look at my desk and my things, it doesn't really look particularly neat or anything, but in my head, it's all sitting as i want. what can i say? i'm crazy. :dunno:

:happysad:

Last edited by Reno Fett; 11-23-2004 at 07:40 AM.
Old 11-23-2004, 07:36 AM
Skelly_GSR
RB does men

Originally Posted by Reno Fett

wires, oh man, don't get me started on wires. they have run a certain way. i can't stand wires. i've wasted so much time organizing those things. :dunno:

:rofl: you sound just like my dad, he has ocd also
Old 11-23-2004, 07:51 AM
Jessica
ch1x0r

Originally Posted by Reno Fett

when i buy something, first of all, i never get it if it's the last item on the shelf, unless absolutely necessary, or unless i have no other choice. and i always look for the packaging without any damage. then, after i actually get the item out of the box, i get all anal about keeping it clean and pristene until i've owned it for long enough. for instance, when i first got my dell, i was dusting that thing down every day. once, when wiping down the keyboard, a bit of lint got under the key, and i didn't quit trying to get it out until i finally got it with a toothpick. :dunno:

if i buy something with a price sticker on it, i have to take the sticker off, even if it's something like a shampoo bottle. sometimes those stickers don't come off easy so i waste a lot of time getting all that adhesive off. :dunno:

i'm tend to adjust and readjust things on my desk so that they sit just right, and so that they're "balanced". :dunno:

i'm meticulous about installs whether it be on the computer or on cars. when i installed the cd changer in my gf's car, i spent at least an hour positioning the cd changer to sit just right. it's still not right! :dunno:

software installs, folder structures, files, partitions, etc.. have to be organized "right", whatever "right" happens to be for me at that time. i've reinstalled OSes before just because i didn't feel shit installed quite right the first time, or because i removed crap and felt like it wasn't "clean" enough. :dunno:

wires, oh man, don't get me started on wires. they have to run a certain way. i can't stand wires. i've wasted so much time organizing those things. :dunno:

and i hate when people touch my stuff or ruin my organization.

funny thing is, if you look at my desk and my things, it doesn't really look particularly neat or anything, but in my head, it's all sitting as i want. what can i say? i'm crazy. :dunno:

whoa :eek3:

i have minor OCD. Some things really bother me when it comes to my personal space. I also am nuts about locking my car. I'll lock it, and i'll walk halfway down the parking lot, then think "Did I lock it?" and i'll turn around and double check. I always have locked it.
Old 11-23-2004, 08:03 AM
reno96teg

Originally Posted by HAN Frodo
whoa :eek3:

i have minor OCD. Some things really bother me when it comes to my personal space. I also am nuts about locking my car. I'll lock it, and i'll walk halfway down the parking lot, then think "Did I lock it?" and i'll turn around and double check. I always have locked it.
in all fairness to myself, i'm not as bad as that makes me sound. you'll notice there's a common theme in what i described.. being neat and organized. i may just be anal, and think it's OCD. i mean, it's not like i'm going to flip out and cut myself if i don't follow that pattern above.

a friend of mine knew a guy that had to smell something in every room he went into, even stores. now that's OCD.

Last edited by Reno Fett; 11-23-2004 at 08:06 AM.