Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

oh noes!! girl's father is angry!!

Old 11-12-2004, 01:01 PM
s1ngle
clutch slipping boost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oh noes!! girl's father is angry!!

So I assume most of you have gone through this at one point or another, and hopefully you can give me some advice.

So I've been hanging out with this girl A LOT for the past couple weeks, almost every night. Shes an amazing person, and we're both really into each other.

So... theres been a few nights, probably 3-4 where she hasnt left here till really late. Totally innocent, just watching movies, cuddling, talking, etc. I dont believe in sex before marriage so no question there.

But anyway, she lives with her parents (shes 19, almost 20... i'm 21) and she assured me that they dont care when shes out till, as long as she comes home and sleeps in her bed. She said most of the time they dont even know when she gets home anyway, cause theyre asleep. So i'm like whatever, dont think much about it.

Well today, I had to stop by her place briefly, and she had warned me before that her dad was "grumpy". Well i get there and he basically starts asking me "Are you the one thats been having my daughter out late?" and just totally interrogating me, seeming pretty mad. Saying he doesnt like it, asking what we've been doing, saying its not acceptable, etc. I kinda got freaked out. I've never really had a serious GF before, much less any situation like this. I REALLY dont want this to turn into "i dont wanna be around your family" situation, thats way uncomfortable. I want her family to like me, and vice versa. I think I just got started off on the wrong foot.

Any advice on this subject? oh yes, and when he confronted me i basically said "I totally understand, i didnt know you felt this way, it won't happen again". hopefully that will help.

cliffs notes: dating a girl, girls dad gets mad for me keeping her out late, dont want her family to hate me, what do i do?
Old 11-12-2004, 01:04 PM
Mandi

my mom's done that h:

play it cool for awhile with her. Make sure she's home at an acceptable time. He may have just been in a bad mood and took it out on you, but regardless...just watch it.
Old 11-12-2004, 01:04 PM
dubcac
I

Tell him she's an adult and can handle herself. Then kick his ass.

:rick:
Old 11-12-2004, 01:06 PM
strychnine
i am legend

Get to know the guy. Then if he trusts you it won't be so bad.
Old 11-12-2004, 01:07 PM
Discosmurf
3G Integra Aficionada

I agree with Missy Mandi.

In respect to her father, since she's still living under his roof, and you two wanna continue seeing each other it might be a good idea to show her father that your intentions are good.
Old 11-12-2004, 01:10 PM
aux
More Black on Black Crime

get her home early h:
Old 11-12-2004, 01:11 PM
Mandi

oh, and don't ever believe a girl when she says "its ok. my parents don't mind" 9/10 tmes they DO care. trust me h:
Old 11-12-2004, 01:12 PM
JoePoonani
Lexus Tech y0!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea like mandi said, just have her home at a reasonable time and stuff would just fade away. be overly nice to the parents too, that akways gets points. tell her father that you had no idea that she shouldnt be out that late all the time and that you will have her home at times that hes more comfotable with. you really gotta kiss ass to get parents to like you after something like that.
Old 11-12-2004, 01:12 PM
Grifter

he doesnt know you
he doesnt know what you guys are doing
try hanging out at her place
Old 11-12-2004, 01:15 PM
s1ngle
clutch slipping boost

thanks for the advice guys, shes definitely getting home no later than her pops wants her home, no questions asked. and yes, i will be kissing some ass unfortunately

bah, i already felt awkward around her dad though, this is definitely not going to help it.