Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

I quit

Old 11-08-2004, 10:37 AM
Tark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I quit

I quit smoking last week, was wondering if any of you tried the new nicorette? I keep buyin the old one but I am curious to know if the neww gum really does taste beter?
Old 11-08-2004, 10:38 AM
sinthetiq

dont waste your money. jus go cold turkey
Old 11-08-2004, 10:38 AM
clickwir
Floppy Death! noES!!!

Originally Posted by sinthetiq
dont waste your money. jus go cold turkey
:werd: most people I know quit that way. They finally realized how stupid/expensive/disgusting it all was and just stopped.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:50 AM
Tark

Originally Posted by clickwir
:werd: most people I know quit that way. They finally realized how stupid/expensive/disgusting it all was and just stopped.
If I could quit without it i would...but i have no self control!! So i dont find it stupid if it can help me out why not? as for the price, again i am Canadian, so my insurance pay for it. Its cheaper for me to buy a pack on nicorette then an normal pack of gum.
Old 11-08-2004, 11:09 AM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One week is not quit...it is merely the beginning of a long journey.

Nicorrette gum is a waste of money because you are still feeding the addiction to the nocotine. So once you feel you have smoking beat you have to ween yourself off the gum.

Seems pretty pointless....cold turkey is where its at.
Old 11-08-2004, 11:23 AM
Tark

Originally Posted by Nightshade
One week is not quit...it is merely the beginning of a long journey.

Nicorrette gum is a waste of money because you are still feeding the addiction to the nocotine. So once you feel you have smoking beat you have to ween yourself off the gum.

Seems pretty pointless....cold turkey is where its at.
oh i know its the first step in a long journey...

And maybe your right the nicorette is still feeding my urge for nicotine, but in my point of view, still better to be addicted to the gum then the actual cigarette (health wise an money wise). Obviously as stated previously I cannot go cold turkey, so knowing my self i have much better chances with nicorette then nothing at all.
Old 11-08-2004, 11:27 AM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tark_o
oh i know its the first step in a long journey...

And maybe your right the nicorette is still feeding my urge for nicotine, but in my point of view, still better to be addicted to the gum then the actual cigarette (health wise an money wise). Obviously as stated previously I cannot go cold turkey, so knowing my self i have much better chances with nicorette then nothing at all.
It is still nicotine in your system which is the chemical your body craves from the cigarrette.

Nicotine is said to be more addictive than heroin and the withdrawals from it are very similiar. Go ahead and keep eating the nicotine straight like that.....then check out your withdrawals when you go to quit the gum.
Old 11-08-2004, 11:34 AM
Tark

Originally Posted by Nightshade
It is still nicotine in your system which is the chemical your body craves from the cigarrette.

Nicotine is said to be more addictive than heroin and the withdrawals from it are very similiar. Go ahead and keep eating the nicotine straight like that.....then check out your withdrawals when you go to quit the gum.
I guess you dont beleive that the side effect of the gum are lower then actually inhaling smoke thru lungs...What is actually bad about smoking? is it really the nicotine(i know is a poison and its addictive) or the actual inhaling the smoe part? or maybe both but if i can cut 1 out still better then doing both.
Old 11-08-2004, 11:56 AM
Tobra

There is the physical addiction, which the nicorette will address, and the psychological addiction. You are only going to get the adverse physical effects from withdrawal for a week or so. After that, it is the psych thing of not giving in to the habit. It is really one of the worst things you can do to yourself.
Old 11-08-2004, 12:00 PM
Jessica
ch1x0r

try accupuncture therapy. usually its only one session for around 50 bucks. pretty good success rate.