Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

super quick tire question (winter people)

Old 10-27-2004, 08:22 AM
Civic2Scooby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default super quick tire question (winter people)

bout to order my nokian Hek 2s and I was wondering what series I should get...the rims are 14s off of the CRX si....
Old 10-27-2004, 09:16 AM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

Get the 2s or the RSI. I have the 2s and this past winter with that blizzard I had no problems. Never got stuck, and actually got through most of the summer with them too.

I thought about getting the RSIs for my hatchback since my 2s are down to wear bar 6.
Old 10-27-2004, 09:21 AM
Civic2Scooby

Originally Posted by CivicSiRacer
Get the 2s or the RSI. I have the 2s and this past winter with that blizzard I had no problems. Never got stuck, and actually got through most of the summer with them too.

I thought about getting the RSIs for my hatchback since my 2s are down to wear bar 6.
I am gettin the 2s....what kind life am I gonna get out of them....I am only rockin them for strictly once the snow falls, and they come right off once the snow clears out....they will get a lil bit of highway driving but nothing big.....any estimates?

edit: oh and by series I ment should I go with 60 or 65......right now I am thinking 185/60/r14
Old 10-27-2004, 10:59 AM
JoePoonani
Lexus Tech y0!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nah just go 195/60, i have that size on my 14s. 65s would be too tall IMO
Old 10-27-2004, 11:11 AM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

For Civics you want a 185/65x14". Plus you want your car a little higher for winter. Lower means more scraping. Also it will help with gearing in the snow.

Well I drove most of the summer with them on and only wore them down a bit. They start out with #8 showing and I just wore that off. They are supposed to get good mileage as long as you have a good alignment.