Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Highschool Art Teacher maybe....

Old 10-26-2004, 10:30 AM
Grifter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if i were to take a teaching it itd be kindergartners or college students
Old 10-26-2004, 10:31 AM
Just Janna
Cake or Death?

Originally Posted by Grifter
if i were to take a teaching it itd be kindergartners or college students
I couldn't go below highschool. I don't think I have enough patience....

Or Aleve.
:happysad:
Old 10-26-2004, 10:35 AM
txhatch
I hate 2003 Noobs.

I think its a good idea. My senior year i had an awesome young art teacher. She was in her mid twenties and really loved art. She was real enthusiastic about every project no matter how small. Plus she was real cool, treated us as equals and liked to joke around. Hell, she even let us watch the ring in class.

On the negative, you'll be a high school teacher. In art you will have some kids there to do it that are good and then you will have all the other kids. Lots of kids take art as a blow off.

All in all i think working with the kids there to do art will outweigh all the BS.
Old 10-26-2004, 10:37 AM
strychnine
i am legend

Originally Posted by EriksShadow
I couldn't go below highschool. I don't think I have enough patience....

Or Aleve.
:happysad:
you could bring your pimp isketches in and prove that the whole "those who can't do, teach" thing isn't true
Old 10-26-2004, 10:40 AM
Just Janna
Cake or Death?

Originally Posted by txhatch
I think its a good idea. My senior year i had an awesome young art teacher. She was in her mid twenties and really loved art. She was real enthusiastic about every project no matter how small. Plus she was real cool, treated us as equals and liked to joke around. Hell, she even let us watch the ring in class.

On the negative, you'll be a high school teacher. In art you will have some kids there to do it that are good and then you will have all the other kids. Lots of kids take art as a blow off.

All in all i think working with the kids there to do art will outweigh all the BS.
See... knowing myself.. I'd probably be very much like the teacher you mentioned. I'm very chill... don't get power trips... and just generally have a strong passion for art and would want to make the learning process fun. Yeah.. I know there would be kids who just need the elective... but.. hey... there may be some way to relate it to something they DO have a passion for.

And your last point hits home, exactly... knowing how I was in highschool... and knowing the art deparment in my highschool... well.. I really think it helped me in more ways then just art technique.
Old 10-26-2004, 10:47 AM
IluvJae
Grifball Player

I wish i had a hot art teacher when i was in school. All of them were retards that made me play with gimp
Old 10-26-2004, 10:49 AM
Just Janna
Cake or Death?

I had a gorgeous art teacher my Sophomore year. Cool as all hell too. Was in a band... freaky deeky chick.

Ooooh my, Miss Kimak. :naughty:

She's married now and has a kid. h:

Me = teh wned:
Old 10-26-2004, 10:54 AM
IluvJae
Grifball Player

Me = teh wned:

Hollywood true life story
Old 10-26-2004, 10:54 AM
redgoober4life
I eat plastic.

See... knowing myself.. I'd probably be very much like the teacher you mentioned. I'm very chill... don't get power trips... and just generally have a strong passion for art and would want to make the learning process fun. Yeah.. I know there would be kids who just need the elective... but.. hey... there may be some way to relate it to something they DO have a passion for.

And your last point hits home, exactly... knowing how I was in highschool... and knowing the art deparment in my highschool... well.. I really think it helped me in more ways then just art technique.
I took ceramics for an elective and lubbed it, even though I wasn't very good at it.

You need to get yourself some russians--they made some amazing things in my class. :eek3:
Old 10-26-2004, 10:59 AM
Just Janna
Cake or Death?

Originally Posted by redgoober4life
I took ceramics for an elective and lubbed it, even though I wasn't very good at it.

You need to get yourself some russians--they made some amazing things in my class. :eek3:

All the Russians I've EVER met have been crazy. Not crazy in a bad way... just.. NUTS.. like... they make you go: :huh: :eh: :lmao: