Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

HDTV Gaming

Old 10-05-2004, 06:57 PM
Spitz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HDTV Gaming

Anyone here have component cables for either xbox or ps2 on there hdtv. I borrowed the monster ones for ps2 and they look like shit on games not made for hdtv. So i was wondering what you guys use or which ones you think are better for xbox and ps2. If you happen to have pictures that wouldn't hurt either.
Old 10-07-2004, 03:16 PM
Spitz

anyone???????????
Old 10-07-2004, 03:18 PM
k3ifers
k three ifers

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

ive jsut used the plain old rca cables from the ps2 to my friend's sony hdtv.. same with xbox and gc.. looks fine to me
Old 10-07-2004, 03:28 PM
umop-apisdn
Allergic to vitamin D

I love my component cables (MadCatz). The best thing is it's for XBOX and PS2, as they integrated the two systems into one cable. However, there was no discernable difference over the s-video cable I was previously using.

Either s-video or component will be a vast improvement over RCA. Especially on a good TV. The RCA's made my games look like a sloppy turd on my 36 inch VEGA, s-video made it look a hundred times better with no interference whatsoever. The RCA's (even though brand new) caused barely perceptable (yet annoying) horizontal lines distorting the picture, then there was the slight color bleed.
Old 10-07-2004, 05:17 PM
flipped cracka
BOOM goes the dynamite!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i use s-video and it's decent. my tv doesn't have component inputs, so i can't do that, but when i get a better tv, i definitely will upgrade.