Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

So I'm getting fired today :(

Old 09-30-2004, 06:24 AM
Quikstep
OG Swollen Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I'm getting fired today :(

Sort of. Long term temp assignment is ending, been here since a little before Memorial Day.
It sucks because it's a nice place to work, highly successful company in one of the nicest parts of NYC (Park Avenue), and they paid pretty well. Oh, and the Internet connection that registered above the level "Dude!" on broadbandtest
It doesn't suck because the position I was in had no upward mobility, so for someone like myself, it's not where I should be staying long term anyway.
Hopefully something better comes along soon. If not, I might take some of the money I've been able to save up and travel to Asia for a little bit. Being someone who was voted most likely to succeed when I was younger, I really thought I'd be doing better than this by age 24 :wtc:
Old 09-30-2004, 06:51 AM
Singhg83
BALLIN'

sorry to hear about that man, dont worry, bigger and better yhings will happen to you.
Old 09-30-2004, 07:00 AM
IluvJae
Grifball Player

Man i know the feeling. I use to do Temp assignments and when you got done the assignment you sorta felt down. I know here when i got done an assignment i could've gone weeks without getting another assignment. That's why i sorta turned down some high paying temp assignments since I have a job with stability.
Old 09-30-2004, 07:08 AM
ShaolinLueb

the jobs suck man, but hey at least you got some experience. im going to china for 2 weeks this december, so get out and travel.
Old 09-30-2004, 07:36 AM
Quikstep
OG Swollen Member

Bah, what really sucks is when you're working these temp jobs and you see people clearly less competent but who are already locked into their jobs. The only thing I can tell myself is that I am capable of doing better than that, but it would be nice to have something to sit on while the search continues.

Yeah, I think it's becoming more and more likely I find myself in Taiwan come November.
Old 09-30-2004, 07:55 AM
Grifter

good luck
Old 09-30-2004, 08:02 AM
BonzoAPD

good luck man. What industry are you trying to get a job in?
Old 09-30-2004, 08:05 AM
Quikstep
OG Swollen Member

Originally Posted by BonzoAPD
good luck man. What industry are you trying to get a job in?
My major was in Management with a concentration in MIS. Wouldn't be a bad time for grad school if not for the fact that someone from NYU Stern flat out told me I wouldn't get in without work experience, no matter how good my GMAT is. Catch-22 owns me

At the moment, don't really care about the specific industry. The last position I had was at a media company, the one now is financial services. The potential to learn and have upward mobility is more important than starting salary to me.
Old 09-30-2004, 08:22 AM
HawtPants
the one and only