Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Got Wreckless Driving, need Advice

Old 09-14-2004, 09:34 AM
prelude20

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got Wreckless Driving, need Advice

hey all whats up, ok here's the deal, i got wreckless driving going 15 mph in a 35 mph zone. the cop pulls me over and said looked like i was speeding up to fast. ok here's another thing, i have a 2.2 prelude, standerd. i got it bout 3 months back and it had a apc muffler on it, so it was the loudest most ricest car out there. so the going 15 seemed like i was speeding to fast, you cant even do that.

believe it our not the cop arristed me that night around 10. he didnt read me my rights, and i never got a phone call.. i got out at 3pm the next day, car was impounded and i have a witness with me, a friend since i was 5, and he has full coverage insurance, and they still towed the car... i was yer sir no sir to the cop, showed no disrespect. so ya i got it with no lube!

i have court due soon, havent got the date yet tho, im also on probation, for a trespassin mistermeaner b. (a stupid story)

i talked to a attorney and he said 600 and he would get it dismissed. but that with couty cost thats, 800$ and i already paid 300 for towing and bonds.. so please anyhelp or advice let me know.
Old 09-14-2004, 10:57 AM
bluetwo
Relevance is irrelevant

pay the attorney. It'll be worth it later on. And don't do drugs.
Old 09-14-2004, 11:36 AM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

www.prepaidlegal.com become a member like myself and many others to have legal advice at your disposal for as little as $25/month. And you can already have a pre-existing case.
Old 09-14-2004, 11:48 AM
IluvJae
Grifball Player

They dont have to read you your rights if they are not going to interogate you for anything. Trust me I know that one for a fact. Second i dont understand how he could get you for going 15 in a 35 i mean if your speeding then in my area that means your doing more then 5mph over the speed limit. Third it must be more to the story cus I dont see how if u had all ur proper paper work that they would arrest you and then tow your car. I've been caught without no paper works and aint get nothing but a $55 speeding ticket ( i guess cus it was a cool cop). When i got locked up i never got my phone call neither but that didnt really mean nothing. What you should look into is seeing if u can get that thing ( i forgot what its called) for first offenders. That is if this is your first offence. Fifth thing is, what does your friends insurance got to do with your car. I think we need more info about what actually went down.
Old 09-14-2004, 12:13 PM
prelude20

well for one i live in lake jackson, the cops are horibale here, one thing also was i hit a deer like a week before so one of my headlights was out, i got pulled over 3 minutes before, and was a warning, its the pasenger side thats out so its not illigeal.. there was a festafel going on, so people where walking around in the ditches, im not stupid to start anything, im on probation.

and why i said my friend had full coverage is cuz on his insurance card he's able to drive other vehicals. we were in an apt cpmplex. the cop had it in for me. he gave us dringing tests even tho i ate where i work 1 hr later, was 100% sober... so reallly im out 1000 -1200 all together if i get the attorney, and all for nothing, thats b/s has to be something i can do..
Old 09-14-2004, 12:20 PM
prelude20

i dont know why i was arrested, i'v been told to talk to the mayor, dea, or sheriff, but i dont know witch is best to go to, also waiting on my court date before i can even do that.. but when it comes down to it, i got arrested and charged for no reason.. the cop just said it looked like i was eccelerating to fast, but its cuz my first and second gear with a apc exhost is way to loud.. they searched my car for 20 mins, hood trunk.

i'd just rather put 1200 into my car, than on something i didnt do, know what i mean?

im innocent.. what do i do?>
Old 09-14-2004, 12:46 PM
IluvJae
Grifball Player

If the cop said it LOOKED like you was accelerating too fast then i wouldnt worry bout it. The lawyer is trying to get you if he charging you that much. I was in a car with a friend and the cop was rude and everything and he was in the opposite lane of traffic and made a U turn and pulled us over saying we were going over the speed limit in a snow squall with makes no sense due to the fact that it didnt start snowing until he wrote the ticket up and we were home. The cop didnt even clock him on his radar so he went to court and won. I say if u want get in contact with either the sheriff or the DEA. Eff the mayor he cant do to much for you if you ask me. Let us know how it goes.
Old 09-14-2004, 01:06 PM
prelude20

aweomse, well i plan on talking to the dea and sherrif, i never even got a ticket.. till this day ihave no info other than towing reciete. waiting on court date..
Old 09-14-2004, 01:10 PM
Discosmurf
3G Integra Aficionada

Stab him with a spork.
Old 09-14-2004, 01:22 PM
alphaxxn
4500rpm hesitation

drive correctly, that helps.