Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Best Spyware software?

Old 07-31-2004, 04:13 PM
LABARINTH
Better Than Canada!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Spyware software?

I use spysweeper....I'm pretty sure it's the newest version out and all my spyware definitions are up-to-date. It seems to work pretty well. I have to run it every couple of days to stay mostly spyware free. What do you guys use and how do you like it? Is there anything you guys think is better than spysweeper?
Old 07-31-2004, 04:37 PM
ED9man
driver

I use spybot but recently it hasn't been catching everthing, might be viruses.
Old 07-31-2004, 04:59 PM
Keyser Soze
Banned

adaware and spybot- S&D
Old 07-31-2004, 05:18 PM
dE.fUsEd
I still like honda's. :-/

ad-aware
Old 07-31-2004, 05:22 PM
George Knighton

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Of the generally easily available and free anti-spyware products, I believe that AdAware is the best. In my experience, it catches things that Spybot does not, and it catches them without threatening your operating system.

I have noticed that the AOL native antispyware routine will catch some key counters that the other products will not catch, however. Key loggers that can hide from Spybot and AdAware are an example of the most insidious forms of spyware because they collect and report things like credit card information and bank accounts and passwords.

I doubt that I will ever be able to talk any of you into the efficacy of America Online, however, so I'll just give up right now.
Old 07-31-2004, 09:31 PM
b00gers

Ive used AdAware, Spy Bot SD, and Spy Sweeper. Each of them catches something that the others wont. Right now i use two, Spy Bot and Spy Sweeper. I just generally run SPy Bot daily, and Spy Sweeper weekly. And every month, i would uninstall and reinstall to get the new updates.