Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Test Drove the Scion TC today... oh yeah....

Old 07-21-2004, 12:03 PM
Calilude
I'm Shy :(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Test Drove the Scion TC today... oh yeah....

It's a really fun car, I enjoyed it very much. It has a lot of power for a 4 cylider 2.4 Liter. My 03 Tacoma has a 2.7 Liter in it but it doesn't have any get up and go like the Scion TC does. The Scions 165 HP engine is awesome, the one I drove was an automatic they didn't have any manuals. However if I get this car I will probably get it in a manual transmission and have them install the factory supercharger which will give an extra 35hp adding everything up to be 300 hp to the wheels. The interior is pretty spacious and very comfortable, the rear seats looked a little small but not to bad and the panoramic sunroof was pretty awesome, however I don't think the rear one opened up. The stock deck is a Pioneer with like 165 watts or something like that it looked pretty nice and it sounded pretty good. The car was also sitting on some 17" Gunmetal like rims which was a nice add on. There was lots of trunk space as well which was good. I really didn't open the hood up, I was kind of on a time restraint cuz I had a dentist appointment. So in all I might be getting this car, I'll probably trade my 03 Tacoma for it. He says I have a good chance on using it as a trade in and since I had a big ass down payment on it and it only has 23k miles on it. So we'll see if I get this car after vacation. h:

What are your reviews on this car if you've driven it or even own it?
Old 07-21-2004, 12:06 PM
RB
snitches get stitches

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I heard the tC's engine was the same as the Camry engine...any truth to that?
Old 07-21-2004, 12:16 PM
wilsel

Originally Posted by RB
That's what i heard too... Car looks better on TV to me, but a 2 inch drop w/ a front lip will do wonders.
Old 07-21-2004, 12:17 PM
DakarM

Originally Posted by RB

TRUE!
LCD Squad #0001
Originally Posted by WiLL
...I really wanna get out and shoot people.
Old 07-21-2004, 12:17 PM
DakarM

Originally Posted by Calilude
It's a really fun car, I enjoyed it very much. It has a lot of power for a 4 cylider 2.4 Liter. My 03 Tacoma has a 2.7 Liter in it but it doesn't have any get up and go like the Scion TC does. The Scions 165 HP engine is awesome, the one I drove was an automatic they didn't have any manuals. However if I get this car I will probably get it in a manual transmission and have them install the factory supercharger which will give an extra 35hp adding everything up to be 300 hp to the wheels. The interior is pretty spacious and very comfortable, the rear seats looked a little small but not to bad and the panoramic sunroof was pretty awesome, however I don't think the rear one opened up. The stock deck is a Pioneer with like 165 watts or something like that it looked pretty nice and it sounded pretty good. The car was also sitting on some 17" Gunmetal like rims which was a nice add on. There was lots of trunk space as well which was good. I really didn't open the hood up, I was kind of on a time restraint cuz I had a dentist appointment. So in all I might be getting this car, I'll probably trade my 03 Tacoma for it. He says I have a good chance on using it as a trade in and since I had a big ass down payment on it and it only has 23k miles on it. So we'll see if I get this car after vacation. h:

What are your reviews on this car if you've driven it or even own it?

Scion dealer called. They said they wont sell you a Tc until you learn how to add properly.
LCD Squad #0001
Old 07-21-2004, 12:18 PM
Calilude

Originally Posted by RB
Yeah you are correct it is the 2.4 Liter engine out of the Camry. I think it's a good idea that they put that motor in the car because the car itself is actually pretty light. The stock suspension on it now is really good but a 2 inch drop might be cutting it close. It also comes with stock low profile Potenza tires on it.
Old 07-21-2004, 12:19 PM
DakarM

Yeah you are correct it is the 2.4 Liter engine out of the Camry. I think it's a good idea that they put that motor in the car because the car itself is actually pretty light. The stock suspension on it now is really good but a 2 inch drop might be cutting it close. It also comes with stock low profile Potenza tires on it.

pretty light? fuggin thing is like 3100lbs!
LCD Squad #0001
Old 07-21-2004, 12:19 PM
Calilude

Originally Posted by DakarM
Scion dealer called. They said they wont sell you a Tc until you learn how to add properly.

Well let's put it this way my addition is fawked up whatever, but the supercharger will bring the horsepower up 200. That's what I meant to say my bad. Get off my back.
Old 07-21-2004, 12:21 PM
DakarM

Well let's put it this way my addition is fawked up whatever, but the supercharger will bring the horsepower up 200. That's what I meant to say my bad. Get off my back.

I would never go near your back. but who cares. 200hp 300hp 3000hp. it's all the same.
LCD Squad #0001
Old 07-21-2004, 12:22 PM
RB
snitches get stitches

Originally Posted by DakarM
pretty light? fuggin thing is like 3100lbs!

scion dealer called, they said you should know that you're off by ~495 lbs

It's actually ~2,905 lbs.