Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

I've had it up to here.

Old 07-01-2004, 03:02 PM
yellowbastard
Bootyologist (__i__)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I've had it up to here.

Yup. Right Here. As most of you know I work in IT and got promoted a couple months ago out of the Helpdesk into Client Support and they finally hired a replacement two weeks ago. I heard lots of good things about the guy before he officially started. He came from our Tier 2 Tech Support for handling customers cable modem issues, and had 14 years of IT experience. So, I thought within a week or two he would be on his own and work the Corporate Helpdesk on his own with his partner (the girl I used to complain about).

Well, week 2 is just about complete and it's not looking good. He's a total fawking geek and is a know it all. He's the kind of person that will start rambling about microchips for hours and will still try to talk to you as you walk away. We invited him to lunch his first day and now he's the reason we sneak out the door one by one for now on during our lunch. Yes, he's one of those guys in IT that you hate with a passion. Whenever someone says something computer/network related he'll have to throw something in really technical and go really off topic. Whenever I try to explain something to him or show the way somethings done, he will interrupt me or start talking about something else. Today, my boss called me and told me that he's gotten several complaints on the guy thru different people. The guy is also on his 90day probation period, meaning if he doesnt work out he won't go back to Tier 2. He'll get term'ed.

I'm having a talk with my boss tomorrow about this guy and it's not looking good. Honestly, he is pretty technical and smart but that doesn't mean jack. He lacks all customer service skills and common sense. And with that, he'll go no where in our department.
Old 07-01-2004, 03:06 PM
flipped cracka
BOOM goes the dynamite!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok.
Old 07-01-2004, 03:07 PM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Didn't you just get some phat raise as well as a promotion?
Old 07-01-2004, 03:14 PM
DB7 2.0
Banned

you guys should fire that geek and hire spanky
Old 07-01-2004, 03:17 PM
yellowbastard
Bootyologist (__i__)

Originally Posted by Nightshade
Didn't you just get some phat raise as well as a promotion?

Yes but I've been back and forth between my new job and the Helpdesk for 2 months now. Basically I work from 9am till 4pm at one building (my office) and then head over to my old site from 4-6pm to cover the Helpdesk. Our Helpdesk hours are from 7am-6pm and the girl works from 7am-4pm. I've been covering it until my replacement started and was fully trained.
Old 07-01-2004, 03:20 PM
yellowbastard
Bootyologist (__i__)

Originally Posted by DB7 2.0
you guys should fire that geek and hire spanky

I'm all for it. If you want a brief description of what he looks like, do you remember Star Wars Kid?? Yup, spitting fawking image.

The bad part about firing him is that he has 90days. The girl that works there with him is 2 months shy of graduating with a bachelor's in nursing. She's leaving in 2-3 months. Our hiring process sucks, and I'll have to train another person which is extremely inconvenient and places me behind in what I should be doing.
Old 07-01-2004, 03:26 PM
LiLRexen

too bad you're so far away..i could do it and i need a job.
Old 07-01-2004, 05:15 PM
DakarM

I've had to train guys like that. At my last job we had a 30day probation. Where we could terminate your position without reason, and made you sign a contract stating so.

I had the pleasure of getting rid of 2 guys that was hired by the previous lead (idiot).

All the people that I interviewed and recommended for hire are still there. suckers :chuckles:
LCD Squad #0001
Originally Posted by WiLL
...I really wanna get out and shoot people.
Old 07-01-2004, 05:24 PM
yellowbastard
Bootyologist (__i__)

Originally Posted by DakarM
I've had to train guys like that. At my last job we had a 30day probation. Where we could terminate your position without reason, and made you sign a contract stating so.

I had the pleasure of getting rid of 2 guys that was hired by the previous lead (idiot).

All the people that I interviewed and recommended for hire are still there. suckers :chuckles:

Yea thats a good way to hire people. I was supposed to be sitting in the interviews with my boss and the candidates but it never happened. I could have seen this crap coming but noooooooooooooooo.
Old 07-01-2004, 05:38 PM
DakarM

Originally Posted by yellowbastrd
Yea thats a good way to hire people. I was supposed to be sitting in the interviews with my boss and the candidates but it never happened. I could have seen this crap coming but noooooooooooooooo.

yeah I was fortunate in that my manager recognized the value in me early on. He consulted me with just about every major decision he had to make within in area of influence.

Too bad I've been lied to for the 3 years before by the previous manager and the department director.
LCD Squad #0001
Originally Posted by WiLL
...I really wanna get out and shoot people.