Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Leave smokers alone.

Old 06-16-2004, 01:47 PM
wilsel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nightshade
If it were made illegal I am sure you would see the same type of situation as you see with weed or other narcotics and the price would in the end be the same at some point.
This is true. Do you want someone to break into your house, kill you for the $50 in your wallet just so they can buy a pack of smokes? Then leave us alone :rick:
Old 06-16-2004, 01:54 PM
wilsel

Originally Posted by LT6916
wow, arguing with you people goes in circles because EVERYONE thinks they are right, and everyone is wrong. way to be close-minded and ignorant
Werd! There are people that smoke, people that drink, etc. I can live with that. Like I said before this is a world, not my world. So I don't expect everyone to live like I would. But some of you do, and that is being close-minded. This country is becoming a bunch of pussies that are offended or appaulled by anything they themselves wouldn't do. I'm not gay, but if two guys want to get married so be it. I could careless, but there are people who spend all their time trying to prohibit it and they stay upset about it. There are other people who target smokers the same way. Other people target alcoholics. If you want to spend your life trying to create bans on the way other people live, you are not living your life.
Old 06-16-2004, 01:58 PM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Originally Posted by wilsel
Lets see expecting everyone to be how you want them to be is not close-minded? There are people that smoke, people that drink, etc. I can live with that. Like I said before this is a world, not my world. So I don't expect everyone to live like I would. But some of you do. This country is becoming a bunch of pussies that are offended or appaulled by anything they themselves wouldn't do. I'm not gay, but if two guys want to get married so be it. I could careless, but there are people who spend all their time trying to prohibit it and they stay upset about it. There are other people who target smokers the same way. Other people target alcoholics. If you want to spend your life trying to create bans on the way other people live, you are not living your life.
I am sure that what he meant by that is people on this board have no median view of things...it is either black or it is white and there is no grey to anything.

Originally Posted by wilsel
This is true. Do you want someone to break into your house, kill you for the $50 in your wallet just so they can buy a pack of smokes? Then leave us alone :rick:
I smoke :slap:
I would rather see it made illegal along with alcohol. If we are going to judge one form of drugs as acceptable over another than it is simply a self defeating judgement......do as I say not as I do.
Old 06-16-2004, 02:00 PM
LT
The deer had to die!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

exactly...America is becoming a country that is doomed to fail trying to create a utopia. Tobacco is legal, alcohol is legal...don't bitch when people are exercising their right to use these products where allowed!

This is why many, many other nations hate Americans, because Americans keeping wanting more and more and more for themselves, then complain when they can't have it.

This isn't bashing America, herself, just her people. I will soon be in the armed forces, however, I'm going in to fight/protect OUR freedoms and principles...not other people's greed for more.
Old 06-16-2004, 02:02 PM
LT
The deer had to die!

Originally Posted by Nightshade
I am sure that what he meant by that is people on this board have no median view of things...it is either black or it is white and there is no grey to anything.
you are correct...but my post before this one digresses into the new "American dream"
Old 06-16-2004, 02:06 PM
ED9man
driver

It's stupid to think that kids are going to start smoking because people in movies do it. That is some stupid shit. Oh shit better cover you kid's eyes there's an evil smoker! Smoking is disgusting and should be banned but that its ridiculous.
Old 06-16-2004, 02:08 PM
wilsel

BTW, I am in no way proud to be a smoker. If you have never smoked a cig, don't. It's easy not to start, but once you do it's another story. It does stink, it's a waste of money, and is bad for my health. On the other hand I'm healthier than a lot of people I know that don't smoke.
Old 06-16-2004, 02:09 PM
wilsel

Originally Posted by ED9man
It's stupid to think that kids are going to start smoking because people in movies do it. That is some stupid shit. Oh shit better cover you kid's eyes there's an evil smoker! Smoking is disgusting and should be banned but that its ridiculous.
Those must be the same kids that plot/carry out school shootings because of movies,songs, and video games.
Old 06-16-2004, 02:10 PM
wilsel

sorry duplicate post
Old 06-16-2004, 02:15 PM
ED9man
driver

Originally Posted by George Knighton
It is a process of maturation.

Forty years ago, it would have been unthinkable that we would actually force someone to pay for an SRS system in an automobile. The majority of society now not only favour it, they expect it.

Who knows? Maybe one day hamburgers and chocolate will be illegal.
yeah because anyone with a pulse can get licensed in this country and it's easier for the government to force manufacturers to make their cars safer that it is to force new legaslation to raise the bar for the average driver's skills and teach stuff like accident avoidance. I don't want or need airbags and other extraneous secondary safety junk. A good seat of seatbelts and good engineering to make sure the car will react well in an accident and not explode or send some dangerous projectile into the cabin is fine. A lot of it is trying to make incompetent cars like SUV's safer. And what's with 5 mph no damage bumpers? Another stupid thing for bad driver's who cant park and figure out how big their car is? Add weight to the extremities of the car, good idea.

Quick Reply: Leave smokers alone.