Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

friends series finale thread??

Old 05-07-2004, 02:01 PM
reno96teg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default friends series finale thread??

:thinking:

this whole season has been kind of hokey, and last night's episode was pretty much the same, but i thought the 2nd half was better. one thing that stood out to me like a sore thumb, this entire season, was monica's acting. it's been subpar, very blah, what with her being pregnant, i guess. she was also starting to look like fat monica.

i almost believed that they were going to end the last episode with rachel going to paris, but it became obvious that they wouldn't when ross returned to his apt. nice touch, though, i thought. acceptable ending. the final scene was good too. everyone leaving their keys on the counter, empty apartment, and a fade on the picture frame around the peephole.

even though it's weird that there will never be another episode (until they do a reunion after all the actors are washed up), it was definitely about time that it ended. all the changes that were happening to the friends were becoming obvious problems in the storyline, i felt. for example, where the hell was rachel's baby 99% of the time? and this season, half of the time, phoebe's husband was nowhere to be found. yea, that sounds like a newly wed couple. it was definitely a stretch.

also saw the preview for "joey". looks like shit. why they felt the need to add a slutty, guido-like sister, i don't know. i don't think it'll last.

so what did everyone else think?
Old 05-07-2004, 02:06 PM
SUPER KiMBO
Kim Heart Errol

so..where WAS rachel's baby?
Old 05-07-2004, 02:07 PM
Grifter

2nd half of series :down:

couple funny parts in last epis but overall lame
ending was not bad
3/10 for overall last epis
Old 05-07-2004, 02:08 PM
RB
snitches get stitches

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SUPER KiMBO
so..where WAS rachel's baby?

with her mother. Thats where she was most of the time when the baby wasn't in the scene.
Old 05-07-2004, 02:11 PM
å
åhhhhh

the Leno special was funny
Old 05-07-2004, 02:12 PM
EJcivic02
I talk Before I think

Originally Posted by Grifter
2nd half of series :down:

couple funny parts in last epis but overall lame
ending was not bad
3/10 for overall last epis
tough crowd.... tough crowd :huh:

i liked the last episode, although its the first new episode ive watched since the first couple at the beginning of the season. i thought they did a piss poor job of hiding monicas pregnancy too. could have just shot her from the chest up or something like they did with catherine zeta on the t-mobile commercials.

i was also kinda surprised at the fact they were sending rachel to paris and that was the ending..... untill ross came back and listened to the message, then i could tell she'd either be in the room already or walk through the door.

- final though: it was a little weird for me to try and picture them in character when each actor gets so much press written about them outside of the show and you hear about them all the time. like when ross and rachel were kissing at the end, i just wasn't feelin it being real like it was back in the day i guess :dunno:
Old 05-07-2004, 02:15 PM
Mandi

personally, i bawled like a baby lastnight. h:

i didnt notice anything about Monica's acting, but the reason she started to look like tha fat Monica is because she's been pregnant. She's due next month..and they were trying to hide it in the show. Dunno if you knew that or not. :dunno:

I had no clue how they were going to end it. I hoped that Rachel wouldnt leave and it would be a Happily Ever After ending...but you never know anymore with tv and movies.

I'm with you on the "Where was Emma all season??" I wondered lastnight when we didnt see her at all...it wouldve been a nice touch to the ending to have Ross come home to Emma and then have Rachel walk through the door, so they could have a nice little family shot there. And Phoebe's husband, at least they tried to play that off by mentioning his name and saying that he was here or there and that being why he wasnt with her all the time.

The preview they showed for Joey was weak, i think...didnt give us much of an idea of what the story line is like at all. I'm still going to check it out, hopefully it'll be comical. Certainly wont be FRIENDS though.

Definately going to miss them at 8 every Thursday...
Old 05-07-2004, 02:19 PM
Mandi

Originally Posted by å
the Leno special was funny
oh man..that was hilarious. Although, to me, it sort of looked like none of the girls wanted to be there. :dunno: the guys looked like they were having a good time, but the girls seemed like they didnt want to be there. I dont know if it was just b/c they were emotional or if they're tired of all the hype surrounding it...was weird to me.

Anyone catch the end of Leno after BEP preformed, they showed a clip of Central Perk being torn down..and played this sad song.. :wtc:
Old 05-07-2004, 02:54 PM
radkermit
98 civic ex coupe

The series has been on way too long! It must have finally hit the point where the writers decided they couldn't find any more combinations for them to sleep with eachother

But I still tuned in to watch the finally and will watch the finale of Frasier even though I haven't watched a new episode of that for years either.
Old 05-07-2004, 03:04 PM
reno96teg

Originally Posted by CiviChik97
i didnt notice anything about Monica's acting, but the reason she started to look like tha fat Monica is because she's been pregnant. She's due next month..and they were trying to hide it in the show. Dunno if you knew that or not. :dunno:
Originally Posted by reno96teg
one thing that stood out to me like a sore thumb, this entire season, was monica's acting. it's been subpar, very blah, what with her being pregnant, i guess. she was also starting to look like fat monica.
reading comprehension owns you..

Quick Reply: friends series finale thread??