Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Jensen Button may replace Michael Shumacher in Ferrari once he retires

Old 04-26-2004, 07:58 PM
axemansean

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jensen Button may replace Michael Shumacher in Ferrari once he retires

Hot off www.f1-live.com

Rising Formula One star pilot Jenson Button is in line to replace six-time world champion Michael Schumacher at Ferrari it was revealed by the legendary team's technical director Ross Brawn on Monday.

The 24-year-old British BAR-Honda driver has been the revelation of the season as he has finished on the podium in the last three races climaxing with second position behind Schumacher in Sunday's San Marino Grand Prix and lies third in the overall standings.

Brawn told BBC radio that Button would definitely be on any shortlist when 35-year-old Schumacher - who has won all four races this season - finally called it a day. "One day Michael's going to stop and you've got to look around and see who's the best at that stage," Brawn said. "I think Jenson will be on that list for sure."

Brawn added that Button was at last showing the talent that brought him a drive with Williams in 2000 and then a move to Benetton but which had seen him fail to garner a top three finish before this campaign.

"I think he's doing a fantastic job. He knows the circuits now and he's learning how to work with the teams," said Brawn. "I think he'll be a hot property in the next couple of years. I think he showed signs in the early days, but if you get in the right environment and the right people behind you believe in you it raises your game. You see all the signs of that."

Old 04-26-2004, 07:59 PM
XSrcing

tough shoes to fill.
Old 04-26-2004, 08:03 PM
axemansean

Originally Posted by XSrcing
tough shoes to fill.
JB was one of the youngest drivers to enter F1.
He won pole at San Marino beating out MS.
He let MS in that race for 11 laps.
He is doing extremely well this season and may be a contender for the title if Honda overcomes some reliability issues.

There are rumors Montoya would come to Ferrari but that WILL not happen because of Montoya's mouth. Massa was test driver and might take over, but his showing in the Ferrari child car Sauber has been poor. Schumacher junior is a possibility because he has talent but a poor team to drive for and a bad team mate. Also since MS and RS have the same manager they might want Ralf to drive for Ferrari.