Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

So here are the handguns I'm looking at

Old 04-27-2004, 08:47 AM
ManInCamo
Old School Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It would be nice to, but realistically non-plausible.

I am going to handle each, and shoot as many as I can if the option is available - but I don't want to spend $300 renting handguns and end up short on cash of the gun I want to buy.

I will narrow down the list once i head to the store to handle them and see what fits me best, hopefully down to 2 or 3 guns. then I will try and shoot those.
Old 04-27-2004, 08:52 AM
ManInCamo
Old School Crew

Originally Posted by /^Blackmagik^\
so why not open carry? i've seen malls in NC with signs on the door that say "No spitcups or firearms allowed"
I don't want that much hassel from people - I may open carry periodically at times for the hell of it, but I don't want the negative attention it will draw from police and civilians.

i'm sure 70% of the time I won't even carry my gun, b/c I'm still an undergrad student, and NC law prohibits firearms on school property, and when I go active duty I'll have to get a new CCW permit for whatever state I'm in anyway... but I want to option to CCW if I want to.
Old 04-27-2004, 09:10 AM
brtecson
pukimonster

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by str8edgexx
Kahrs are decent weapons, but I've heard that they are VERY tempermental until they are fully broken in.
correct me if i'm wrong, but to break in a gun, you put ~200 fmj's through it, right?
Old 04-27-2004, 09:39 AM
Rezza
Tell your mom I said hi!

Originally Posted by /^Blackmagik^\
so why not open carry? i've seen malls in NC with signs on the door that say "No spitcups or firearms allowed"
:rofl: :chuckles:

no spitcups... lol

Jon,
if u insist on getting a sub compact handgun, try to not go any lower than a 3.5" barrel...Anything below 3.5 is too small IMO... I suggest you go with 1911 sub. Stylish, attractive design, small to moderate kickback... It's the perfect piece for what you are looking for...
Old 04-27-2004, 11:38 AM
Bl@ck
Sinner

Originally Posted by RezzasVTEC
:rofl: :chuckles:

no spitcups... lol
yeah.. next time i'm down that way i'll get a pic.. it's the same town that the Andy Griffith show was filmed in(no the name isn't mayberry)
Old 04-27-2004, 12:06 PM
b00gers

whats a spitcup?
Old 04-27-2004, 12:14 PM
Bl@ck
Sinner

Originally Posted by WiLL
whats a spitcup?
a cup you spit in:doh:

chewing tobacco/snuff users spit in cups when they are inside.. it's foul
Old 04-27-2004, 12:17 PM
TeHJuSTiN
NAM #0001

Originally Posted by WiLL
whats a spitcup?
Same thing Stifler drank out of on American Pie.
Old 04-27-2004, 01:27 PM
ManInCamo
Old School Crew

Just got back from the gun store - spent the better part of an hour there.

I can't buy here in NC unless I go get a NC drivers licence and claim myself as a NC resident... so i'll be buying up in PA when I apply for my CCW, and driving it back down. Too bad too, since the shop has decent prices, and excellent customer service

My next step is to see if I can shoot any of these, my favorties:

I really really liked the Springfield XD40 5" (they're getting more in next week, i'll try the 4" which is the size I'd get) Lots of safety features - great gun

I really liked the Sig 239 - slide release was a little stiff, and a grip a touch short - some rubber grooved grips would make it outstanding.

I really really liked the S&W 4006 - they had one, but it was only for LEO evaluation - felt great in my hand

-------------------

I like the taurus a lot, but they recommended against it highly - they get customers coming back with problems all the time.

I didn't like Glock. My fingers were too big for their gooves in the grip.
Old 04-27-2004, 05:06 PM
b00gers

i held the service XD40 and liked it. but ive never shot one. i really really dont like the subcompacts, they are just too small. ive never held the tactical model either, so i cant comment on that...shit, the only guns ive shot are the ruger p94 and HK usp...which are both :thumbup: to me.

Quick Reply: So here are the handguns I'm looking at