Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

censorship in media...

Old 08-03-2002, 04:53 AM
Duff Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default censorship in media...

What do you guy's think about censorship in media? Where does it stand and what draws the limits (television, movies, music...ect....)? But most importantly how do you think it TRUELY effects society?
Old 08-03-2002, 05:29 AM
newgsrdriver

Censorship is retarded.

There is no reason that Howard Stern cant say "shut the f*ck up" on the radio at 3AM. I am wholeheartedly against censorship, UNLESS it makes sense to do so.

At this point in time, parental supervision is getting less and less frequent. I do think that parents should be 100% responsible for what their children are exposed to, but at the same time the government is responsible for whats on television as well. IMO, should there be sex, violence, and cussing on TV at 4PM? Hell no. But 11PM on should be completely uncensored.

As for the radio...thats tough. Music censorship is complete garbage, and I think that at LEAST a 10PM on rule or something should be established. Its sickening how they censor whats on the radio...while little Timmy hears mom and dad cussing up a storm with their friends.

They need to realize, kids hear cuss words no matter what. What they see on the other hand...TV does need some guidelines, but music I think should be expressed how it was intended.
Old 08-03-2002, 05:34 AM
Smurf
Dancing Banana Driver

after 12am they basicly drop it. on raido i meen.
Old 08-03-2002, 06:25 AM
newgsrdriver

I only hear that sometimes, to tell you the truth.

Sometimes during live broadcasts and stuff, they'll leave them in, but for the most part, its alway censored.
Old 08-03-2002, 07:34 AM
yianni64

This country is the most censored I've ever been too. In a lot of ways thats a god thing, but it does at time sucks.
Old 08-03-2002, 10:18 AM
Fryd_Up
rebmeM roineS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by newgsrdriver
Censorship is retarded.

yup. and half the time on tv when they censor it it bring more attention to the word and 99% of the time you can tell what it is they say thats censored. I think its real funny when the censor a middle finger, its the stupidest thing in the world. Cendorship ruins songs as well. Like Nas - One Mic, the censored version has no mention of guns or war, but instead some egyptian hyrogliph crap and the message is totally ruined. At the end instead of "all I need in this world, fuck Cash, etc." its censored fuck completly out so it sounds like all his needs is cash, jewerly, cars and shit. totally fucked up. Then you got other censored songs where instead of a cuss word its a dog bark, or woman scream, or some weird beat. My conclusion, CENSORSHIP IS FUCKING GAY!! we all know what they say, and have heard those words before, so screw censoring it
Old 08-04-2002, 07:30 AM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

i think there is a time and place for everything. censorship is meant to protect the younger audience ... but can easily get out of control. the best censorship is good parenting.
Old 08-04-2002, 07:49 AM
asiandoood
sancho on the sizzide!

Originally posted by Eklypse39
the best censorship is good parenting.

:werd:
Old 08-04-2002, 08:02 AM
qtiger

I think at the heart of censorship is a mass of people who haven't realized that the words they viewed as obscene are everyday language to the younger generation.
Old 08-04-2002, 08:41 AM
newgsrdriver

Originally posted by qtiger
I think at the heart of censorship is a mass of people who haven't realized that the words they viewed as obscene are everyday language to the younger generation.
Good point.