Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Have you ever prayed for something and it happened?

Old 03-24-2004, 11:05 PM
Mike Oxbigger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have you ever prayed for something and it happened?

I don't think a single prayer I've wanted to happen has come true.....and usually its totally opposite of what I would have wanted to have happened, anybody feeling me?
Old 03-24-2004, 11:06 PM
aux
More Black on Black Crime

weird coincidence:

i was sooooo not ready for this midterm. i was gonna bomb it. the next day, the socal fires...class was cancelled for a week.

:nervous:
Old 03-24-2004, 11:08 PM
b00gers

auxy prayed for fire h:
Old 03-24-2004, 11:09 PM
aux
More Black on Black Crime

im sorry :wtc:.
Old 03-24-2004, 11:16 PM
Mike Oxbigger

man, i can pray like the pope for something to happen and nada......getting back with ex's, elderly relatives not dying, jobs......wtf? Seems to make the worst possible situation happen instead......
Old 03-24-2004, 11:17 PM
HawtPants
the one and only

i dont pray :dunno:
Old 03-25-2004, 04:41 AM
DelSolGirl
-insert witticism here-

i have prayed for a lot of things that came true. me and god have a direct connection, apparently.

the weirdest one, though, was when i was an exchange student in france. some of my (american) friends and i went to the notre dame without checking to make sure we had enough metro tickets to get back to the hostel, and we didn't have enough money with us to buy new ones. when we were getting ready to go back, i looked in my wallet to get the metro tickets out, and we were two short. we had no other way of getting back to the hostel -- we didn't know the way on foot, and it would have taken all afternoon to walk that far anyway. so, just for the hey of it, i went back inside the notre dame, got down on my knees and prayed. prayed for what, i don't know, i guess a safe return :dunno: anyway, a little while later, i went back outside, looked in my wallet, and suddenly there were THREE more metro tickets than there had been 20 minutes earlier. :eek3:

i kept the extra. never used it, never will.
Old 03-25-2004, 04:45 AM
Just Janna
Cake or Death?

If you can call it praying... I don't really.. "pray" in the normal sense most people think of it. It's more of a thought process.

But.. more often then not.. things work out the way I want.
Old 03-25-2004, 05:20 AM
Section8Blammo
Crazy Canoodler

My dad used to get drunk / beat my mom (Long story short). I used to pray all the time when I was a kid that he'd get killed or just leave or that my mom would leave. She eventually did leave him but a lot of permanent damage had been done. If anyone's listening at all, he/she has a sick sense of humor for timing. Sorry, that was a downer and a half...

One time I prayed for a traffic light to change, and BAM... it changed. God's listening.

(The other side of things...) My pain made me stronger, and I can help other people get what they need when they need it but I'd prefer not to view my life as just a method through which a higher being reaches his/her captive audience.
Old 03-25-2004, 05:26 AM
EliteBob13
I nearly wet myself!

Originally Posted by Mike Oxbigger
I don't think a single prayer I've wanted to happen has come true.....and usually its totally opposite of what I would have wanted to have happened, anybody feeling me?
I totally feel ya.
Life's a b!tch.