Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

I Have Insomnia...

Old 02-27-2004, 10:33 AM
94civicEX
I got worms.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Have Insomnia...

This sucks guys. It has been going on for a long time now, I just thought I could fix it or make it subside, but I think it's an actual medical issue.

I've been researching into it and I think I have something called Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome. It is a total detriment to my life. I fall asleep around 5 every morning and my body forces me to sleep 7-8 hours. I absolutely cannot wake up before that. It's destroyed a lot of things for me...and it sucks.

I was just curious if anyone else has ever been diagnosed with insomnia, etc. Usually they are stess/anxiety/depression related, but I don't believe that to be my case. At any rate, I'm going to be going to the doctor for it soon. Like the 3rd time I've ever been in my adolescent life. I'm looking into a drug called Ambien.

Like you guys care though .

duck squad member #00003
Old 02-27-2004, 10:37 AM
flipped cracka
BOOM goes the dynamite!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

:hugglez:

i used to not be able to sleep until 4-5am every night, but could only sleep a couple of hours. it was when i was at ASU and i hated it there. once i moved back home, it went away. :dunno:
Old 02-27-2004, 10:38 AM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

I have it too its part of my manic depression but I deal with it...I take melatonin occasionally and it usually knocks me out without drugging me.

One thing you may want to do also is look at your eating schedule and what you eat or drink before you go to bed.

No coffee or soda 4 hours before bedtime. Cut back on sugars. These two things can help immensley....I know you don't smoke but those that do, don't smoke within an hour before bedtime. Nicotine has an awakening affect on the body for some reason and can make it hard o sleep...much like caffeine and sugar does.
Old 02-27-2004, 10:38 AM
HawtPants
the one and only

get some exercise and try smokin some weeeee
Old 02-27-2004, 10:41 AM
Frankie Dirtbag
The White Man's Burden

i had trouble sleeping a couple of years ago, not cool. so i started tokin' a lot more and now im fine. may not work for everyone though, best you consult your doc first.
Old 02-27-2004, 10:49 AM
flipped cracka
BOOM goes the dynamite!

yeah, i don't think the chankers is gonna start tokin'.
Old 02-27-2004, 10:52 AM
redgoober4life
I eat plastic.

At least you can sleep!

Don't know what to tell you.
Old 02-27-2004, 11:24 AM
aznd000d
yoooooooooooo

college is doign that to me..........i don't sleep til 3 or 4 in the morning.
Old 02-27-2004, 11:32 AM
supermac88
not OG but Old School

Originally Posted by 94civicEX
This sucks guys. It has been going on for a long time now, I just thought I could fix it or make it subside, but I think it's an actual medical issue.

I've been researching into it and I think I have something called Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome. It is a total detriment to my life. I fall asleep around 5 every morning and my body forces me to sleep 7-8 hours. I absolutely cannot wake up before that. It's destroyed a lot of things for me...and it sucks.

I was just curious if anyone else has ever been diagnosed with insomnia, etc. Usually they are stess/anxiety/depression related, but I don't believe that to be my case. At any rate, I'm going to be going to the doctor for it soon. Like the 3rd time I've ever been in my adolescent life. I'm looking into a drug called Ambien.

Like you guys care though .
I have this exact same problem and then I have no energy to do anything all day long. If you find out what is going on man let me know.
Old 02-27-2004, 11:36 AM
axemansean

I have insomnia too, I've gone days without sleeping.

Quick Reply: I Have Insomnia...