Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

USPS messed up

Old 02-26-2004, 09:35 PM
randomtask77
Wanderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default USPS fawked up

I sent a set of taillights to another member on the board through USPS and he said that he received them with a little damage to it. I don't know the extent of the damage (just found out right now) but I am a little disappointed that he received it in less than perfect condition. I did buy insurance for it, how do I go about claiming this?
Old 02-26-2004, 09:40 PM
b00gers

i think it says on that little insurance slip. make sure the guy keeps the packaging and stuff. in case they want proof. h:

what kind of damage was there?
Old 02-26-2004, 09:40 PM
puffy
bow down to king puffy

good luck trying to get anything with insurance. They will blame your packaging. Atleast thats what happend in my case.
Old 02-26-2004, 09:46 PM
randomtask77
Wanderer

Originally Posted by WiLL
i think it says on that little insurance slip. make sure the guy keeps the packaging and stuff. in case they want proof. h:

what kind of damage was there?
I think it was a little chip off of a corner. Not really sure. He wasn't descriptive about it. But it still bugs me though because it seems like I was at fault even though it was the carelessness of the USPS. :angry:

Originally Posted by puffy
good luck trying to get anything with insurance. They will blame your packaging. Atleast thats what happend in my case.
Hopefully I could get things squared away. :happysad:
Old 02-26-2004, 09:57 PM
asiandoood
sancho on the sizzide!

file a claim and keep following up on it. and make sure the person who received it keeps all the original packaging. they are going to want to see the package.
Old 02-26-2004, 10:02 PM
sinthetiq

wow, you're sure quick to blame the USPS for your failure to package the item correctly.
Old 02-26-2004, 10:02 PM
Black2KGSR

Originally Posted by sinthetiq
wow, you're sure quick to blame the USPS for your failure to package the item correctly.
:chuckles:
Old 02-26-2004, 10:20 PM
mayonaise

Originally Posted by randomtask77
I sent a set of taillights to another member on the board through USPS and he said that he received them with a little damage to it. I don't know the extent of the damage (just found out right now) but I am a little disappointed that he received it in less than perfect condition. I did buy insurance for it, how do I go about claiming this?
goto the post office and tell them you sent a package with insurance, and that you want to claim the insurance. there's probably some forms to fill out, etc..

and yeah, any postal service is generally careless about your packages. USPS is the worst. Fedex has been pretty good in my experience, and UPS somewhere in the middle. just package things up well
Old 02-26-2004, 10:21 PM
randomtask77
Wanderer

Originally Posted by sinthetiq
It's not like I slapped a stamp on the tails and said, "Here, mail it!"

I guess YOU know how well I packaged them if you're accusing me of poor packaging because someone mentioned it.

But I guess for you, you don't seem to mind receiving damaged goods through the mail.
Old 02-26-2004, 10:30 PM
sinthetiq

Originally Posted by randomtask77
It's not like I slapped a stamp on the tails and said, "Here, mail it!"

I guess YOU know how well I packaged them if you're accusing me of poor packaging because someone mentioned it.

But I guess for you, you don't seem to mind receiving damaged goods through the mail.
a well packaged item usually doesnt get messed up in the process of delivery. hell, a well packaged item can take quite a beating (and carelessness) and still be perfect. if true malice was intended, im sure the 'tails' wouldve had more than a little chip.

and finally, if you expected a perfect package, why didn't you go with an proven courier instead of the USPS?

and you're right, i don't mind receiving damaged goods through the mail

Quick Reply: USPS messed up