Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

People that support gay marriage just because Bush is against it...

Old 02-25-2004, 12:26 PM
redgoober4life
I eat plastic.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default People that support gay marriage just because Bush is against it...

Piss me off more than people that are simply against it.

Discuss.
Old 02-25-2004, 12:40 PM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I support gay marriage only for the fact that religious perceptions and political decisions should not be anywhere near each other, and aside from that...who does it hurt?

If a person wants to get married same sex or not it should be allowed and legally binding and have the same rights and responsibilities as any other.

Honestly I truly hope that this breaks Bush and he becomes a one term wonder the same as his father...for him to do this is bad enough but on an election year??? :lmfao: Insert knife...twist....repeat as necessary:lmfao:
Old 02-25-2004, 12:51 PM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Thread cleaned lets keep it to subject at hand people or it will be locked permanently.

Thank you
Old 02-25-2004, 12:53 PM
CrazyShavedApe
Insomniac

Originally Posted by Nightshade
I support gay marriage only for the fact that religious perceptions and political decisions should not be anywhere near each other, and aside from that...who does it hurt?

If a person wants to get married same sex or not it should be allowed and legally binding and have the same rights and responsibilities as any other.

Honestly I truly hope that this breaks Bush and he becomes a one term wonder the same as his father...for him to do this is bad enough but on an election year??? :lmfao: Insert knife...twist....repeat as necessary:lmfao:
I agree
Old 02-25-2004, 12:59 PM
civic2k2grl

i say we let them get married(benefit of the doubt), put them all in montana and let them procreate.. if after 100 years they procreate, fine... if not, montana dies...
Old 02-25-2004, 01:01 PM
redgoober4life
I eat plastic.

Originally Posted by civic2k2grl
i say we let them get married(benefit of the doubt), put them all in montana and let them procreate.. if after 100 years they procreate, fine... if not, montana dies...
It's not about the opinion--I was just stating about how people align with the gay rights movement just because Bush is the opposing side.

Doesn't anybody else see this? Your personal thoughts about the issue not withstanding.
Old 02-25-2004, 01:07 PM
RB26DETT
Eagles > NFL

Originally Posted by civic2k2grl
best idea i've heard yet on this message board!
Old 02-25-2004, 01:07 PM
reno96teg

Originally Posted by redgoober4life
Doesn't anybody else see this? Your personal thoughts about the issue not withstanding.
yeah, i see this all the time. i also see it on this board. those people i do not respect.
Old 02-25-2004, 01:08 PM
RB26DETT
Eagles > NFL

It's not about the opinion--I was just stating about how people align with the gay rights movement just because Bush is the opposing side.

being against someone's ideas just for the sake of being against him is uber:ghey:
Old 02-25-2004, 01:08 PM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

I think it goes further than that though because this subject is more about basic human rights than it is about political parties.

With a Civil Union there are many rights that are not allowed a couple that are allowed with a marriage. Yes on paper it is virtually identical but in reality it is not.

What is hapening is the religious right is being allowed to make constitutional changes that should not be made on that basis. If they were truly interested in preserving the sanctity of marriage they would be looking more at adjusting the divorce laws than the marriage laws since divorce is causing marriage to be a much more laughable state than anything else.

This subject is the equivelent of abortion rights and the matters it brings with it....no one can truly be 100% against it and no one person can be 100% for it so it causes a rather odd dividing line among people. We may argue for or against it but I am sure somewhere in the back of all of our minds we have reservations both ways. It leads to the government coming into your bedroom to an extent and the loss of yet another basic right afforded by the constitution which is "the pursuit of happiness".

Quick Reply: People that support gay marriage just because Bush is against it...