Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Haliburton

Old 02-09-2004, 11:17 AM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Haliburton

Here is a very good, unbiased article about the Haliburton contracts. The article lists both good and bad things about Haliburton and Kellog, Brown & Root (KBR) as well as how they got their contracts. The liberal left may not like the findings, but it certainly appears the neither the Bush administration nor Haliburton/KBR did anything wrong or unethical in the rewarding of contracts.

Here is the article.
Old 02-09-2004, 12:34 PM
tib
ex-soler

I opened the page, I saw "play democrat debate bingo!" I will try to muster up the level-headedness to go back in a while and take it with a grain of salt.
Old 02-10-2004, 10:44 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Honestly I don't really care about the usual liberal anti-corporate harping that always happens in these situations. While it may or may not have merit, it just isn't productive from a political sense. I can't help but think of all of the lazy-ass stoners I know that talk about how the government and big business is out to rule the world. Sure it might be fine for rallying the like-minded troops around the cause but aside from that it's not going to convince anyone of anything.

That said, any site with the following banner is not unbiased.

Aside from this glaringly obvious indication of bias, the article is clearly an editorial and clearly takes one side of an issue. That in and of itself is bias. While it may be relatively calm and non-sensationalist in its execution, its very existence relies solely on the fact that it is biased.

Funny how the only "non-liberal" media outlets are a bunch of small publications and websites, while supposed "radically liberal" outlets such as The Washington Post and The New York Times enjoy massive circulation. Maybe the right is still bitter about Nixon?