Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Orthopedic Surgeon...

Old 02-05-2004, 08:29 AM
RSXxXMeg82
~*~Meg~*~

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Orthopedic Surgeon...

Here I come :awais: I find out today if and when I am going to be cut open and what they are going to do for my knee h:
Old 02-05-2004, 08:42 AM
AP2
Moderator Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll probably join you in a few months.
Old 02-05-2004, 08:55 AM
RSXxXMeg82
~*~Meg~*~

Originally Posted by DC2
I'll probably join you in a few months.
Awww...what did you do to your knee?!?

This will be my 3rd time going to the orthopedic..this time I'm not gonna run when they say surgery..because I have put it off twice..and i'm paying for it know h: :happysad:
Old 02-05-2004, 08:56 AM
dom93hatch
more meat, more fire

Yeah I'll be in the Knee Surgery Squad too, methinks.

I should stop putting it off and set an appt.
Old 02-05-2004, 08:57 AM
RSXxXMeg82
~*~Meg~*~

Originally Posted by dom93hatch
Yeah I'll be in the Knee Surgery Squad too, methinks.

I should stop putting it off and set an appt.

:nono: Putting it off is not good...like I said I put it off twice and now it's killing me even more...and in the long run will screw it up even more because my body is getting used to bearing most of the weight on my right knee instead of my left (the bad one).
Old 02-05-2004, 08:58 AM
AP2
Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by RSXxXMeg82
Awww...what did you do to your knee?!?

This will be my 3rd time going to the orthopedic..this time I'm not gonna run when they say surgery..because I have put it off twice..and i'm paying for it know h: :happysad:
It starts popping pretty bad under alot of stress. Sometimes I can't even get out of my bed in the morning because of the pain. That's the reason why I didn't go to the Army back in September. Now that I have an HMO, I'm going to get an MRI and see what the surgeon says. My dad thinks it's scarred tissue that's irritating my knee. What about you?
Old 02-05-2004, 09:00 AM
dom93hatch
more meat, more fire

My right knee is the bad one, and I force myself to not limp so that I don't put any stress on the good knee :wiggle:
Old 02-05-2004, 10:14 AM
RSXxXMeg82
~*~Meg~*~

Originally Posted by DC2
It starts popping pretty bad under alot of stress. Sometimes I can't even get out of my bed in the morning because of the pain. That's the reason why I didn't go to the Army back in September. Now that I have an HMO, I'm going to get an MRI and see what the surgeon says. My dad thinks it's scarred tissue that's irritating my knee. What about you?
They might have you get an x-ray before an MRI...check with your primary care doctor before you get the MRI. Like me personally I have never had an MRI they were always able to tell what it was from the X-rays, which I thought was funny because I thought x-rays only showed bones but they show more than that. It sounds like it could be either scarred tissue, or something with your ligaments. The last time i went to the ortho he told me that if physical therapy didn't work I was going to have to have surgery..and that it couldn't be arthorscopic; he would have to cut open my upper thigh and take ligaments out of it to put in my knee and place my kneecap back in the center :happysad:
Old 02-05-2004, 10:16 AM
AP2
Moderator Alumni

Already had an x-ray, nothing showed up. Was going to get an MRI but I didn't have insurance and it would've cost me $1200 just for that.
Old 02-05-2004, 10:19 AM
RSXxXMeg82
~*~Meg~*~

Originally Posted by DC2
Already had an x-ray, nothing showed up. Was going to get an MRI but I didn't have insurance and it would've cost me $1200 just for that.
:jawdrop: Heck i wouldn't pay $1200 for an MRI either...but definately now that you have insurance get it checked out. Cuz it's easier to recuperate from knee surgery when you're younger.