Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

What song would you pick for a hemorrhoid commercial?

Old 01-30-2004, 04:07 PM
Mike Oxbigger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What song would you pick for a hemorrhoid commercial?

That's not quite the 'ring of fire' Cash sang about

What do you think of a Florida TV production company's plans to pitch Preparation H and other hemorrhoid relief products with a commercial featuring the country classic Ring of Fire?

By BRAD SCHMITT
Staff Writer

But ad writer thinks song's a natural for Preparation H

No joke — a Florida TV production company plans to pitch Preparation H and other hemorrhoid-relief products with a commercial that features the country classic Ring of Fire.

The idea is hilarious to the song's co-writer, Merle Kilgore, who penned the Johnny Cash hit with Cash's late wife, June Carter Cash.

You see, Kilgore, an ex-country artist and 20-year veteran of the road, used to use a hemorrhoid joke onstage whenever he'd introduce Ring of Fire.

''I'd say, 'Ladies and gentlemen, I want to give credit where credit is due. I dedicate this song to the makers of Preparation H,' '' Kilgore said yesterday. ''And they would just fall out. So when the song publisher called and told me about it, I said, 'I can't believe it!' ''

TV producer Sula Miller of Big Grin Productions in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., is quite serious about the idea. It came to her when she was, uh, struggling with that certain medical condition and heard Ring of Fire on the radio. Apparently that ''burns, burns, burns'' theme struck an oh-so-familiar note with her.

The script Miller created starts with a shot of a sunrise, and Kilgore's version of Ring of Fire is the audio. The camera pans to a high-rise apartment building and zooms in through an open apartment door to reveal a briefcase and shoes in a messy heap on the floor.

The bathroom door opens, a relieved woman in business attire walks out, and the camera zooms in on a tube of Preparation H in the bathroom.

The TV production company and the song publisher are trying to iron out a deal. We'll let you know how it works out in the end.
Old 01-30-2004, 04:14 PM
HYBRID

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OMG YES!!!!! that just made my day :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:
Old 01-30-2004, 04:16 PM
RB
snitches get stitches

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

inappropriate for television or for representing a product/corporation, but still funny as hell.