Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

are you classist?

Old 01-23-2004, 05:46 PM
Tirod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default are you classist?

i am.... i hate the upperclass... and i believe middle and lower class people are better than them...

are you classist?
Old 01-23-2004, 05:55 PM
velfarretokyo

I'm classist to a degree. I don't think upperclass people are necessarily better than middle/lowerclass people, but certainly on a broad sterotype the upperclass probably have better material possessions, more professional careers, and higher ambitions.

But there's no reason to dislike someone simply based on their socioeconomic status in life...
Old 01-24-2004, 07:39 AM
Tirod

Originally Posted by velfarretokyo
I'm classist to a degree. I don't think upperclass people are necessarily better than middle/lowerclass people, but certainly on a broad sterotype the upperclass probably have better material possessions, more professional careers, and higher ambitions.

But there's no reason to dislike someone simply based on their socioeconomic status in life...
sure there is.... the majority of them are disrespectful and close minded to anybody "lower" than them.... and there's no reason for that... its just what money does to someone
Old 01-24-2004, 08:28 AM
velfarretokyo

Originally Posted by +!r0d
sure there is.... the majority of them are disrespectful and close minded to anybody "lower" than them.... and there's no reason for that... its just what money does to someone
I think thats a broad generalization. There are a lot of rude and disrespectful people that happen to have a lot of money, but being wealthy is not a prerequisite for being a crappy person. I'd also argue there's little correlation there, but I think its more obvious and certainly easier to dislike someone who has more money than you or me. However its just as easy to generalize the poor as being lazy, irresponsible leeches on society that typically steal, lie, and cheat to get by. I might point out that the majority of the county's prison population is from the lower-class but no one thinks that means lower-class people are any less of people.
Old 01-24-2004, 10:13 AM
RB
snitches get stitches

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"don't hate the playa, hate the game."

your jealousy is rather obvious.
Old 01-24-2004, 12:46 PM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Why should I discriminate based on financial standings when its more fun to discriminate against stupidity.
Old 01-24-2004, 01:19 PM
brtecson
pukimonster

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I dont like people who generalize, thats about it.

So, if you dont like the upper-class, middle-class or lower-class, I dont like you
Old 01-24-2004, 01:28 PM
Civic2Scooby

Originally Posted by +!r0d

thats just ignorant...not all upper class are disrespectful to middle, lower class...I would rather dislike people for them being dumb jackasses than because they make more money then I do... :slap:
Old 01-24-2004, 01:30 PM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

If you met me and never knew the contents of my account then I doubt you would feel so angry towards people based solely on their financial situation.

There are assholes in every walk of life and every financial category...money doesn't necesarily dictate a persons attitude.
Old 01-24-2004, 01:31 PM
Civic2Scooby

Originally Posted by Nightshade
If you met me and never knew the contents of my account then I doubt you would feel so angry towards people based solely on their financial situation.

There are assholes in every walk of life and every financial category...money doesn't necesarily dictate a persons attitude.
:werd: :closed: