Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Attacks Dropping on US Soldiers Since Capture of Saddam

Old 01-06-2004, 12:27 PM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Attacks Dropping on US Soldiers Since Capture of Saddam

Article Link

Well it looks like all the hard work is beginning to pay off. Our troops are getting more, and better quality information from the Iraqi citizens, while the frequency of attacks is going down. Hopefully this will be the beginning of the end of the resistance in Iraq so that security will vastly improve and so will the lives of the Iraqi people. This too will also open up the possibility that our troops can begin coming home since, hopefully, not as large a force will be needed to keep Iraq from falling back into the dark hole it was brought out of.
Old 01-06-2004, 01:36 PM
sxecrow
Banned

Default Re: Attacks Dropping on US Soldiers Since Capture of Saddam

Originally posted by DVPGSR
Article Link

Well it looks like all the hard work is beginning to pay off. Our troops are getting more, and better quality information from the Iraqi citizens, while the frequency of attacks is going down. Hopefully this will be the beginning of the end of the resistance in Iraq so that security will vastly improve and so will the lives of the Iraqi people. This too will also open up the possibility that our troops can begin coming home since, hopefully, not as large a force will be needed to keep Iraq from falling back into the dark hole it was brought out of.
I hope they do come home fast because I already have friends there, and my best friend is supposed to be shipped off in Feb or something. My friend Valerie (USMC) is already at 22 on her list of friends that died. Going over there in the first place was a mistake, but now we have to make the best of it and get out quickly.
Old 01-10-2004, 01:49 PM
fastball
A little chin music

Location: Cleveland, Ohio - Rock 'n Roll capitol of the World

Originally posted by sxecrow
I hope they do come home fast because I already have friends there, and my best friend is supposed to be shipped off in Feb or something. My friend Valerie (USMC) is already at 22 on her list of friends that died. Going over there in the first place was a mistake, but now we have to make the best of it and get out quickly.
And Normandy was a mistake as well (of course we lost more troops on that single day than we have in both Desert Storm and Iraqi Freedom combined, but that was a totally different thing, right?)

No one likes war. No one. Especially when you read or hear of loosing another one of America's finest. But you must put things into perspective. And we must finnish the job of creating a solid democracy in Iraq before we even pull one soldier out. Whether that's 2 months or 2 years. Whatever must be done is what we need to do.
Old 01-10-2004, 04:17 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Are you kidding me? Comparing Iraq to Normandy? I'm not even going to bother to honor such a ludicrous statement with an actual rebuttal.

If you're so adamant about our country being in Iraq, then go enlist.
Old 01-11-2004, 10:23 AM
sxecrow
Banned

Originally posted by fastball
And Normandy was a mistake as well (of course we lost more troops on that single day than we have in both Desert Storm and Iraqi Freedom combined, but that was a totally different thing, right?)

No one likes war. No one. Especially when you read or hear of loosing another one of America's finest. But you must put things into perspective. And we must finnish the job of creating a solid democracy in Iraq before we even pull one soldier out. Whether that's 2 months or 2 years. Whatever must be done is what we need to do.
I have to agree with FatBooty. When Iraq invades another country then war would be justified, as it was in the first war and we came to the aid of an ally. When we are the invader, then sure ... I can see it as Normandy - with us being the Germans.
Old 01-11-2004, 11:03 AM
tib
ex-soler

Yes, Normandy and WWII was a completely different thing, Hitler used propaganda and politically falsified intelligence to plan an assault on another nation for the presumed preservation of its own even though Germany was by far a superior nation he then continued to use the media and fear of terror and threat to the "great German way" to promote hysteria and assault on all nations that were non-German, it took the combined efforts of an Allied force to thwart the misguided German people under their revenge driven leader.

Wait a minute....

No , Normandy and WWII was Not a completely different thing, Bush used propaganda and politically falsified intelligence to plan an assault on another nation for the presumed preservation of its own even though America was by far a superior nation he then continued to use the media and fear of terror and threat to the "great American way" to promote hysteria and assault on all nations that were non-American , it will take the combined efforts of an Allied force to thwart the misguided American people under their revenge driven leader unless we see what can happen if we dont think for ourselves.

You know what they say about history....
Old 01-11-2004, 12:19 PM
fastball
A little chin music

I used Normandy for nothing more than to compare the numbers of lives lost..... like I said, I hate to see even one soldier loose their life, but since we've had only about 500 casualties in about 9 months in Iraq, I don't understand why people are up in arms about that. War is not perfect, you will never get away perfect. I just get pissed when people cry about another soldier lost when in fact our method of war is about as perfect as it can get. I can see getting upset if we had lost over a thousand in a month, but that just isn't going to happen. As heartless as this sounds, you measure success in war based on successful executions, and we've had a hell of alot more than them. Countless.
Old 01-11-2004, 12:57 PM
tib
ex-soler

596 deaths to be exact.

And what if one of them was your father, your brother, even you? I'm not crying for each death, I'm crying for how senseless and needless they are. Its not the number I have so much a problem with, America is a damn fine killing machine and we do have the best military in the world hands down. We better, we spend $399,100,000,000 in our budget for it, that's $334,100,000,000 more than any other nation in the world (Russia is 2nd with $65,000,000,000, Iraq spends $1,400,000,000) when you outspend your opponent 400to1 you should kick his ass. its just the reasons (or lack thereof) for doing that. Nobody deserves to die in this war, there were alternatives that may have worked if tried. War should be a last resort, not a big red button we can use to scare the world straight.
Old 01-11-2004, 01:01 PM
fastball
A little chin music

Well, the world is a worst place than you care to imagine, so we need to scare them straight. Mabe I have to spell it out for you: if we don't take out who need to be taken out, civilization itself is at risk. There it is. It's just up to us to kill them before they kill us all.
Old 01-11-2004, 01:13 PM
tib
ex-soler

Well, the world is a worst place than you care to imagine, so we need to scare them straight. Mabe I have to spell it out for you: if we don't take out who need to be taken out, civilization itself is at risk. There it is. It's just up to us to kill them before they kill us all.
oh...

my...

God...

"scare them straight"!?!?! on a war on TERROR? We should use FEAR to keep the entire world under our thumb? "Kill them before they kill us all"? There is only one nation that can completely destroy the world and we are living in it right now. And by the looks of it you want us be downright evil.

heres a leader you would love:

"fear will keep them in line"
-Darth Vader

:chuckles:
I sure hope we dont become like that...