Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Video question

Old 01-03-2004, 02:53 AM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Video question

So I am putting together a video using Marilyn Mansons song The Speed of Pain (listen to it if you donn't know it...it helps in the subject at hand), and I have a bunch of random footage which includes my daughter.

So heres the question (not sure if ethical dilemna is the correct phrase).....the song is kind of dark, yet sweet at the same time...the video is turning out to be a bit on the dark side (its just in my nature I like the dark side of things) and I am using some of the footage I have of my daughter in the video to create a slightly helpless feel to it without misusing the image of her.

So the question is........would you feel this to be inappropriate use of her image and the footage?

I am not exploiting her or trying to make it look bad but it adds a certain air to the video that I can't acheive with any of the other footage I have and so far its kind of a small clip but an important one since it sets the mood to a certain degree.
Old 01-03-2004, 08:20 AM
RB26DETT
Eagles > NFL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

uhh..i guess if you got permission from your daughter it would be fine?
Old 01-03-2004, 08:25 AM
axemansean

I don't think there is an ethical dilemma, lots of parents use their kids in their videos. Dave Mustaine used his son Justis in the video for A tout le monde, the video depicted his son jumping into an open grave.
Old 01-03-2004, 08:43 AM
flipped cracka
BOOM goes the dynamite!

i think it just depends on what she's doing in the footage.
Old 01-03-2004, 09:17 AM
03accordcoupe
^New car...2003 BMW 330ci

Would you be angry if someone else made the same video with the same song with your daughter?
Old 01-03-2004, 09:58 AM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Originally posted by axemansean
I don't think there is an ethical dilemma, lots of parents use their kids in their videos. Dave Mustaine used his son Justis in the video for A tout le monde, the video depicted his son jumping into an open grave.
Yeah I had heard that actually. Not sure if I was looking at it as an ethical dilemna but I am guessing that is how it comes out.

Originally posted by flipped cracker
i think it just depends on what she's doing in the footage.
Yeah its nothing serious or anything just simple random footage of her and it seemed to fit the moment of the song.

Originally posted by 03accordcoupe
Would you be angry if someone else made the same video with the same song with your daughter?
Not one bit.

Thanks for the input....results will be posted.

I was going to use the footage either way just wanted to hear what others thought