Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

i conducted an experiment at walmart

Old 12-23-2003, 12:35 AM
gababa
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i conducted an experiment at walmart

well, i was up there doing christmas shopping, and i decided to test out how the security systems worked. so i went up to a product that had a security sticker on it and i removed it and stuck it to my shoe. anyways, i went about doing my shopping. when i was done, i paid for my stuff, then left. as i left, the buzzer went off. no body even noticed. someone was standing there, but they didn't care, so i stopped for a few seconds, then a lady said for me to stop. i stopped, she checked my bag, got me to walk through without the bag, alarm still goes off. then she called a manager and i was asked if i had any merchandise in my pocket. i said i never. i then emptied my pockets to prove i never had any unaid for stuff. well, i caused a big scene at walmart. i never thought it would be like that, but it was fun. give it a go sometime
Old 12-23-2003, 12:38 AM
Tirod

u have yer buddy who is loaded walk through the same time they are having you walk back and forth :chuckles:
Old 12-23-2003, 12:43 AM
White[Pony]
For relaxing times...

Haha. true, tirod. that one could have worked easily at my old job.

but I think you'd have to have the guy with the sticker on his shoe buy something cheap and walk through at the same time.
Old 12-23-2003, 12:46 AM
Tirod

i dunno if its my cellphone or my old computer key but target alarms would always go off when i went pass them.. it came to the point where i had to time myself to walk threw with someone that had alot of bags and when it went off just look at them like "are u trying to steal something?".. they'd always stop and wait for security... that'd be a good way get the goods too lol
Old 12-23-2003, 12:50 AM
forum95
I'm Cooler than You

:lmfao: haha, Did they just let you go after a while or something thats friggin hilarious, you just stuck the label on the bottom of your shoe
Old 12-23-2003, 12:50 AM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

i jus keep on walking...lol
Old 12-23-2003, 12:53 AM
gababa
Banned

Originally posted by forum95
:lmfao: haha, Did they just let you go after a while or something thats friggin hilarious, you just stuck the label on the bottom of your shoe
they finally let me go after i took everything out of my pockets and voluntarily lifted up my shirt so they could see i have nothing in there. and then i pressed my pants up against my legs and crotch, so they knew that i never had anything. i wonder what would happen if i never did that. call the cops and have them coem do a search me? :dunno:
Old 12-23-2003, 12:54 AM
White[Pony]
For relaxing times...

I coudl have tagged so many people with blank security tags. I was tempted to tag some of my friends who came in with em... but I never had any handy.

at circuit city the price tag doubles as the security sensor.
Old 12-23-2003, 12:56 AM
White[Pony]
For relaxing times...

Originally posted by gababa
they finally let me go after i took everything out of my pockets and voluntarily lifted up my shirt so they could see i have nothing in there. and then i pressed my pants up against my legs and crotch, so they knew that i never had anything. i wonder what would happen if i never did that. call the cops and have them coem do a search me? :dunno:
Legally they can't even stop you. If you stop voluntarily they still can't tell you to empty your pockets. If you do it, then it's at your own discretion (sp?)
Old 12-23-2003, 01:21 AM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

dont they have to see you put the merchandice into ur pocket before they can search you?